Buying a grey import second hand??

Reaction score
Hi guys

Live in the uk and looking to buy a P3P from a guy on a local selling site (gumtree)

The guy claims he bought it from a site called "E-Finity" never heard of them myself but I believe this is classed as a grey import, is there any issues with this that i should be aware of? Normally I would just avoid all together

Would love some advice/info

Thanks guys

I don't see many situations where I would buy an R/C aircraft 2nd hand from someone I don't know personally. It's just not worth the risk IMHO.

I bought a second hand one from London Camera Exchange. Worth keeping an eye on their secondhand page. They gave me a 6 month warranty. I've had the controller replaced by them under that warranty after the RTH button broke.

I wouldn't get one from Gumtree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigAl07
To me I would cut the middle man out and just flush your money down the bog

Save time in the long run

Reactions: gavcuk
How much did he ask as I when I purchased a P3P from them in January it was only £779 and I would imagine it's even cheaper now.

He's asking £700 but I'm looking at a straight swap with my iPad Pro, If I had he cash I'd probably just buy new

So does no one think it's possible to buy a good second hand drone??
Yes, it's possible. It's also possible to end up with a dud.

If dealing with a private seller go for someone near to your location and ask to meet for a test flight and visual inspection. Get close to agreeing on a price in advance and have the cash on you.

New may prove to be an attractive proposition on non current models with the discounts offered. There is benefit in having new warranty and the benefit of knowing the AC history (less surprises).

I bought a brand new p3a grey import from gumtree for £550. No problems. I've had other dealings with the guy from gumtree since (Peter, from Hazel Grove nr Manchester) great bloke.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20