Buyer Beware of After Market Blades

Reaction score
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8820

I am copying this post here because I stumbled on to it in the P2 forum. I have a P2V and unknowingly bought some of these blades. They made my P2V almost impossible to fly. They look very similar but are not right. I posted two weeks ago about upward lift and putting one of these blades on definitely was the cause. Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense. That blade was not getting proper lift so she tilted hard right and the other blades tried to compensate so she started to go upward. I put my worn old DJI branded blades back on and she flew perfect.

Avoid these aftermarket blades!

Did you check the balance on the aftermarket blades? I too purchased the cheapest I could find on e-bay after burning through the first 2 sets (**** trees). After installing I noticed really shaky footage and terrible jello, especially when the camera was pointed down. Then I went out and got a Dubro balancer, jerry-rigged it to accept the P2V rotors, and noticed that three of the new blades were off, the silvers being WAY off, but after a little sanding I got them pretty close and there was a night and day improvement. Also, I've never mixed sets with old/new blades which might cause more serious balance issues.

I'm thinking maybe the DJI factory rotors have certain balance specs and the one's that don't meet them probably go into a bin and somehow find there way onto e-bay?

I was considering getting a prop balancer but I had no shake or jello issues prior to putting on the after market props. I will say that the DJI props come out of the box ready to fly, it's pretty impressive. I guess I got spoiled by a couple sets of those.

I probably will get a balancer and see if I can salvage these after market blades since I have 8 of them that are brand new.

Yes, mixing them is dangerous. With matching blades it will fly, but it is not fun.

jimdenburg said:
Did you check the balance on the aftermarket blades? I too purchased the cheapest I could find on e-bay after burning through the first 2 sets (**** trees). After installing I noticed really shaky footage and terrible jello, especially when the camera was pointed down. Then I went out and got a Dubro balancer, jerry-rigged it to accept the P2V rotors, and noticed that three of the new blades were off, the silvers being WAY off, but after a little sanding I got them pretty close and there was a night and day improvement. Also, I've never mixed sets with old/new blades which might cause more serious balance issues.

I'm thinking maybe the DJI factory rotors have certain balance specs and the one's that don't meet them probably go into a bin and somehow find there way onto e-bay?

The exact same thing happened to me! I returned the props back to China and requested a refund.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4