Buyer Beware Goodluckbuy Gimbal-MALWARE!

Reaction score
I have been attempting to get help from goodluckbuy regarding the gimbal I have not been able to get to pitch using the transmitter. After several emails I was sent to a link I was told is the firmware for the gimbal. The link brought me to a download page displaying what I believed was the firmware. In reality and unknowingly it was malware, one being something called Whitesmoke. This is apparently malware and in instances contains trojans and keystroke readers.
I am running security programs now to remove the crap.
So far my computer his only 11% scanned and it has detected 1, 100 harmful malware objects! I cannot say they are all from the download I was directed to but whitesmoke is 376 of the 1, 100 so far.

I will open a case with Ebay and will dispute the purchase with my credit card company, they will never recive a penny of mine.

What you buy is a working gimbal with a Martinez board. Don't even think about getting usefull support from goodluckbuy when you buy this item, it is all about the Martinez board.

The Martinez board is made by germans and are freeware. It takes LONG time to read up on it and you can run into many problems. THOUGH I got mine to work perfectly well and it is so **** nice. I cant put a finger on anything regarding the overall performance.

BUT you have to learn about Martinez board, arduino programmer, what CPU is on Martinez board, what cables to use, maybe you needa use a bootloader cause you facked up the programming on the board. THIS IS OPEN SOURCE GIMBAL CONTROLLER BOARD and open source equals work from you.

I am good at reading, electronics and programming. That is my education actually. If you don't have time nor feel like it or skills, then buy the high priced alternatives which are supportet by companies.

Having looked at the Goodluckybuy site I think a lot of the malware is from people posting in the review sections pretending to be owners offering support. I went into 3 gimbals and while some were legit links, others looked like false links with very dubious zip files.

These days a zip file for a hardware/software manual rings alarm bells to me. PDF's aren't exactly large and have no need to be compressed (zip). Likewise firmware files are usually tiny but they can cause AV software to block them if they are not compressed.

I've heard plenty of people without any issues from GLB gimbals and nearly all said they just worked out of the box. I have also heard plenty with issue. If it doesn't work out of the box you are in trouble by the sound of it (unless you know Arduino... which is well worth getting into at any level IMO).

After I have my 'reliable' (cough) gimbal (AeroXcraft or Tarot maybe) I might get a GLB just for giggles... but then I like fiddling and would probably make it into a suction mounted/hand held platform for steady shots in/on my car.

Going through a ton of crap with GLB right now, I put in a claim with ebay, we'll see how that turns out. Overall the gimbal worked fine out of the box (paper manila envelope with packing peanuts is more like it). I just can't get the pitch control to work. I've been trying to get help for sometime now but no one seems to be replying to my thread here or on brushlessgimbals.de. I'm thinking all it needs is to swap pitch and roll, as I can get the roll side to move manually.

I was very leary of the file before I downloaded it and I should have updated my malware prior to opening the file, so I do take partial blame. Butt overall they directed me to the link. I was desperate because I need the gimbal for a shoot this this weekend, guess that's not gonna take place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31