Buy dji warranty before or after purchase?

Reaction score
Do I get the warranty right as I order my phantom or wait until it comes in? Also, I sold my dirt bike for this, so how long will this drone last? I hope a long time. Thanks.

Did you get your bird direct from DJI? You can purchase it from them at anytime I believe. I purchased my P4P through AerialMedia Pro's and I bought mine through them after I had my bird for a week or so. You have a certain amount of time I think. I never got it on my two P4's that I had last year. But I felt like this one could have possibly had issues with it so I opted to get it this time. I owned one of my P4's for almost a year and it was like brand new. They should last several years if you take care of it I'm sure. But you'll be upgrading as new birds come out I'm sure too.

Did you get your bird direct from DJI? You can purchase it from them at anytime I believe. I purchased my P4P through AerialMedia Pro's and I bought mine through them after I had my bird for a week or so. You have a certain amount of time I think. I never got it on my two P4's that I had last year. But I felt like this one could have possibly had issues with it so I opted to get it this time. I owned one of my P4's for almost a year and it was like brand new. They should last several years if you take care of it I'm sure. But you'll be upgrading as new birds come out I'm sure too.
I'll be ordering from amazon. Do I get the warranty when the drone itself comes in or after I order it?

I know that, I just want to know do I get the warranty when the drone comes in or when I order it and it's shipping?
You'll have to have a serial number and if there is an option to get DJI Care Refresh with the vendor your ordering from then you can get it right then when you order it! If not, you can get it later after you get the bird and get it from DJI.com direct. Either way works!

Do I get the warranty right as I order my phantom or wait until it comes in? Also, I sold my dirt bike for this, so how long will this drone last? I hope a long time. Thanks.

The warranty comes with the drone and is from day of purchase (invoice). (It may be from day of delivery).

If you mean "Care Refresh" then you need to buy it within 48 hours of activating the drone.

In the meantime set up your account at DJI.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
The warranty comes with the drone and is from day of purchase (invoice). (It may be from day of delivery).

If you mean "Care Refresh" then you need to buy it within 48 hours of activating the drone.

In the meantime set up your account at DJI.
Sorry I thought OP was talking about DJI care refresh. Yeah you get a year warranty with it if an accident is deemed DJI's drone was at fault.

Sorry I thought OP was talking about DJI care refresh. Yeah you get a year warranty with it if an accident is deemed DJI's drone was at fault.
Yeah, I meant refresh. So as the post above, does that mean i have to get refresh after 48 hours of turning the drone on?

Yeah, I meant refresh. So as the post above, does that mean i have to get refresh after 48 hours of turning the drone on?
Yep, pretty sure that is how mine was. It's been 6 months ago for me but should be right. So any problems that you might have out of the box make sure and address those and send in under warranty. But any mishaps you have that are your fault will be covered under Refresh plan.

Yep, pretty sure that is how mine was. It's been 6 months ago for me but should be right. So any problems that you might have out of the box make sure and address those and send in under warranty. But any mishaps you have that are your fault will be covered under Refresh plan.
Ok thx

You may also want to consider a Personal Article Floater from an insurance company rather then DJI's Care plan. it runs $60/year (and covers things such as theft) with no deductible. That is $120 for 2 years, includes theft and has no deductible. DJI's plan cost $150 for 2 years, does not cover theft and there is a $100 deductible. Do the math.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
You may also want to consider a Personal Article Floater from an insurance company rather then DJI's Care plan. it runs $60/year (and covers things such as theft) with no deductible. That is $120 for 2 years, includes theft and has no deductible. DJI's plan cost $150 for 2 years, does not cover theft and there is a $100 deductible. Do the math.
This is way several have gone in a group in a nearby city. Sounds like the way to go. I think State Farm is writing it for them.

This is way several have gone in a group in a nearby city. Sounds like the way to go. I think State Farm is writing it for them.
So how would I get this for my drone? Contact State Farm? I might look into getting insurance for my brother's P3S also

So how would I get this for my drone? Contact State Farm? I might look into getting insurance for my brother's P3S also
Yes. Your local State Farm agent should carry it. But remember it's only for hobbyist. They as in State Farm do not cover commercial guys that are flying for money. Thats another company you'll have to look at.

Yes. Just call a local SF agent. You should not insure your brothers property under your own policy. Cost of the policy is about $60 for $2100 in coverage. So you may want to add some other items in addition to your own Phantom.

I would do it before the first flight for the avoidance of all doubt. As I said - go read their T&C's before you fly the thing.

If you end up selling the drone, the Care Refresh will follow it (you need to preserve the purchase invoice for the drone too).

Which vendor on Amazon did you purchase? Amazon choice vendor is sse photo and video but I have no idea if that is an authorized dealer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31