Buy a Package or Seperate parts?

well the primary parts in that bundle are easily priceable... RX-LCD5802 and Boscam TS-352... I'm not gonna google them you can handle that but I've seen the Rx for about $90 on some sites... so the questions are how much can you get those parts for, and then with the leftover price differential how do you like those exact peripherals like the neck strap, display / RC mount? If you buy a LCD5802 by itself it'll come with a cable but you'll have to patch in a wall charger... I just found an old power supply that put out the right power and patched the cable together, since I was already soldering cables on the Phantom.

I feel like maybe you could shave off a bit putting that together yourself, or possibly get better components for around the same price like there's some 3d printed display mounts for RC that people link around here that seem solid.

I don't see any mention of antennas in the bundle. The stock antennas like the ones pictured are complete crap, you're going to want to add better antennas. You can spend anywhere from a few bucks to get cheap ones, up to 100 for a super nice 3 antenna bundle with 2 omni's and a long distance directional (for the Rx) like the one from FPVLR. antennas can make all the difference

Helipad.com turned out to be WAY to expensive.

So this is what I put together at banggood.com (see attached pic)

Notice How I was able to squeeze in some Boscam Antennas and still came in way under budget for the exact same package at Helipad.com.

I'm adding a IOSD for $69 from b&Hphoto.com bringing the final total to $322. I noticed any genuine DJI products were almost 50% more expensive on banggood.com than American retail sites, so I do not recommend it for props or any DJI replacement gear.

I'll let you know how long it takes to get my stuff and then a review of the products, though I remain optimistic.

Attachments

• FPVtally.png
    FPVtally.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 574
Definitely go separate. Go BH Photo for the P2 and H3-3D Gimbal, batteries and case (HPRC 2700PHA case is BAD A$$). Their return process is no frills and I trust them from years of previous experience. I went to Range Video for the Black Pearl (cheapest I have found) and antennas and Atlanta Hobby for the ImmersionRC transmitter and quick release prop guards. Grabbed the 3D printed monitor mount from Rave. I don't like to solder so I picked up the plug and play wiring from http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter.

I also added valuable personal property scheduling through USAA ($58 for $2300 coverage, no deductible) and joined Academy of Model Aeronautics for some liability coverage and general education/support of the overall community. Hope this helps.

ddublu said:
Definitely go separate. Go BH Photo for the P2 and H3-3D Gimbal, batteries and case (HPRC 2700PHA case is BAD A$$). Their return process is no frills and I trust them from years of previous experience. I went to Range Video for the Black Pearl (cheapest I have found) and antennas and Atlanta Hobby for the ImmersionRC transmitter and quick release prop guards. Grabbed the 3D printed monitor mount from Rave. I don't like to solder so I picked up the plug and play wiring from http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter.

I also added valuable personal property scheduling through USAA ($58 for $2300 coverage, no deductible) and joined Academy of Model Aeronautics for some liability coverage and general education/support of the overall community. Hope this helps.

I can verify that B&H is a great retailer to get the base platform from. They have good prices, run sales occasionally, and their returns department is solid. I had a flyaway recently and the Phantom was never recovered... I had to wait 5 weeks going through their process but wound up with a 70% discount on a replacement P2+H3-3D bundle so I'm very happy.

Cases are nice but if you want to be a little more portable I can vouch that the Vanguard UpRise II 48 backpack is freaking awesome for a P2.
I'd recommend you check out Shapeways.com for a thing called a ZenClip. it will hold your gimbal+gopro stable during transport.

I'd also like to vouch that AtlantaHobby is a great retailer, very often the cheapest for replacement parts and the guys there are friendly and knowledgeable. I've ordered from them online and in the retail store when I visited Atlanta and needed some Phantom parts.

The INSURANCE part is still well up for debate. People are indeed adding their Phantoms to some insurance policies but we have no verified stories of any insurance companies paying out a claim on one. Insurance companies will say they cover just about anything to get your money, then do everything they can to deny a claim so proceed with caution there.
Here's a thread where that topic is being discussed in more detail
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19896

Shdio151 said:
Do you guys think it would better to get a package like this
http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

Or would I save money by buying the pieces individually and kind of putting together my own bundle?

I'm looking at this as well, have 2 questions.

How do you power it on Phantom 1?

Is it worth it to buy those mushroom antennas separately in addition to what comes with the kit?

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues