Burned out Boscam TS352 FPV Transmitter

Reaction score
Frak. I turned on the P2 without the Tx antenna attached and burned out my TS352.

Anybody know if there's a way to jury rig this thing to revive it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never, ever run a transmitter without a load (antenna). I knew that and still cooked mine when I forgot to attach it when updating software.

My bad. Waiting on delivery from Hong Kong in the Caribbean on vacation. Chances of it arriving before vacation runs out: 50%. Frak.

I did this just last week with an avl58. I forgot to put the antenna in and started up the p2 to check the compass values. Some time after doing this I realized what I'd done I was really freaked out. When I checked it out nothing seemed to be wrong with the transmitter, I was surprised... But then again the avl58 has a fan on it maybe that saved it.

The TS-352 has a fan on it as well. By the time I checked however, the unit was scorching hot and the fan was dead. Just a little red power light remaining, reminding me of my transgression. :)

Ooh, maybe you should get the AVL58 then, I don't know why it survived but it did. I do have a boscam ts832 I've bought and just have it sitting doing nothing (I was gonna offer to sell you it, I'm in the Caribbean but I saw you had ordered a replacement already). I was planning to switch the AVL58 out, sure glad I didn't have that one installed when I left the antenna out.

I am afraid I will repeat this mistake again. Maybe we should install a switch on the transmitter or bullet connectors so we can switch out components at will.

Grr dang it, I did it again. Video was breaking up at about 200m when I brought the phantom back there was no antenna. Thought it had fallen off only to realise I hadn't put it on in the first place :(

I thought I had a fool proof way of not forgetting to put an antenna on my transmitter before flight - indeed it actually worked like a charm - to a point. However for some reason up until a few weeks ago it never cross my mind that I also need to put one on when I do firmware updates, calibrations and generally mess around with settings in the Naza assistant. As a result I have probably had my transmitter turned on for at least an hour, possibly 2 hrs in total and amazingly it still works fine right the way out to 950m with a cheap clover leaf antenna. So if you're like me and are likely to do something stupid with your transmitter I'd recommend using a 5.8 ghz Immersion RC 500 mw, it would appear they are bullet (and idiot) proof. :mrgreen:

immersion 600mw is great, i have forgot a few times to put the antennas on it and turned on, it has never burned out, and i had it off for an entire update once, like 20 min (prob have done it like 4 times) i kept forgetting. But it still works great. I dont recommend doing that lol but i find the immersion doesn't get as hot as the others as fast maybe that helped?

I downed my first P2 and when I replaced it I put the Tx to the other side so the antenna went out diagonally opposite the compass. Then I cut out a bit of foam in my case near the leg and I never have to take it off. Problem solved!

Pics below.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225619.082723.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225619.082723.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 566
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225641.384624.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225641.384624.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 378
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225652.852236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225652.852236.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 387

Recent Posts