bumpy footage and gains?

Reaction score
I still regularly get footage from my Phantom 1 v1.2 fitted with an aeroxcraft gimbal that is quite bumpy. It looks like the effect you see when desending and the craft starts to bounce around quite a bit. In my case I get it when flying forwards and worse when flying backwards or across a scene. The stiffer the breeze the worse it is. As I can see the Phantom craft bouncing or briefly dropping a little and them correctly and going up again I don't think the issue is really with the gimbal- but the way the craft is behaving. I still have the gains set in the factory set default settings. Would adjusting any of these, given the increase weight of the gimbal help do you think? Overall the Phantom flies well and were it not for the bumpy effects on my videos would not be contemplating changing any of the settings. But I really would like to get the best results I possibly can from my footage!
Also I wonder whether too much twitchy movement of the sticks might not help? Though even when I am not touching the sticks the craft still bounces around quite a bit. Even on the calmest day I still get these bumps but certainly not quite so bad.

cheers

bill

Any video of the craft bouncing around? If it's the craft bouncing , like Ozzy said waht kind of props? are the balanced?

They are the stock genuine props 8inch which are balanced. I am going to try another set after balancing those. I do admit that balancing them seems like an endless challenge where you think they are ok but still tend to lean! I use a Dubro balancer and P150 sandpaper. I notice even on the youtube tutorials the props still seem as if they just starting to drop & turn on the balancer!
I have got a set of vision props but not tried those yet. The impression I get from what I have read is although they give you more flight time it is more aggressive.
The aeroxcraft gimbal is quite bulky and with a circuit board and loads of wires connected to it. So could easily imagine that would catch the wind and cause at least some of these movements.

I will see if I can get some footage of the craft.

cheers

bill

yeah that Aeroxcraft gimbal is rather bulky...do you know what your total flight weight is with it? You may be trying to lift more than the 8" blades are equipped to handle smoothly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl