Bumpers for PV2

Reaction score
Does anyone know a place where they are selling either plastic or carbon fiber bumpers for the PV2? All the ones I found are for the Phantom 9" blades. As I'm learning I would like the added protection if possible.

Thanks
David

Nvr2fst said:
Just got a set from Red Rock USA on Amazon a couple days ago.

Hey Nvr2fst,

I just got my props from Read Rock. No instructions... not that I need any but I do have a stupid question. Mine came with some nylon string. Do you know what the purpose of that is for?

Thanks
David

Super-D said:
Does anyone know a place where they are selling either plastic or carbon fiber bumpers for the PV2? All the ones I found are for the Phantom 9" blades. As I'm learning I would like the added protection if possible.

Thanks
David

I got prop guards off Ebay for $16 free shipping that fit perfectly on the Phantom 2 Vision. They are made of plastic and otherwise identical to DJI brand Prop guards with the exception they accommodate the P2V larger rotor blades.

Super-D said:
Nvr2fst said:
Just got a set from Red Rock USA on Amazon a couple days ago.

Hey Nvr2fst,

I just got my props from Read Rock. No instructions... not that I need any but I do have a stupid question. Mine came with some nylon string. Do you know what the purpose of that is for?

Thanks
David

I believe it's designed to be strung between the guards all the way around to help prevent your aircraft getting hung up on a branch or anything similar that could get between the motor arms if you flew into it.

Yes the string goes around the guards in the little holes. It keeps things from getting between the guards. Less weight I guess than using some kind of plastic. I personally don't use the string. I will try to hit only things that won't fit between. :D

Nvr2fst said:
Yes the string goes around the guards in the little holes. It keeps things from getting between the guards. Less weight I guess than using some kind of plastic. I personally don't use the string. I will try to hit only things that won't fit between. :D

Thanks. I thought it might have to something to do with those holes in the guards but just couldn't figure out what it was.

David

I have fitted the guards but not the string. If you end up in the trees then the string will surely help you stay up there and you may need a chain saw to get it back down :( . For me, the guards are mainly for tip over protection during take off or landing.

I installed the string and it seems to make the guards a bit stronger/stable. In the center of the guards you will see two sets of what I'd call hooks. I ran the string through the prop guards and on the set of hooks closest to the motors of the aircraft. Once the string was tied off, I pulled the string from the first set of hooks to the second making it really taught. I even went so far as to dab a little "Liquid Stitch" on the string where it threads through the holes of the guards and at the knot where I tied the string together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik