Building Progress Videos

Reaction score
Good morning folks, I am a relatively new aerial imagery pilot, but have been an RC guy for quite a few years. Flying a PV2+. At present it's stock. My primary use for this bird is aerial imagery of construction sites that I have in progress. Generally speaking I'm doing a lot of side flying around a fixed center point. I'm looking for tips on avoiding the ratcheting effect I get when making these loops. Here is a video that demonstrates what I am talking about: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21264852/DJI00049.MP4. Note how I keep having to pan to the right to keep the building centered in the shot.

Great forum guys, and I'm looking forward to your advice!

In short its a lot of practice. You could reset the homepoint mid flight over the centre point then fly back, throw it into homelock and just do left or right stick to rotate around the homepoint. Disadvantage is if you need the homepoint to return to in an emergency it will return to and attempt to land over your centre point - could be painful. Practice is the best way with slow and steady stick movements. Its like reversing into a car park space - the more you do it, it becomes second nature.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Not sure if I'm ready to perform a mod, just yet, but I like the concept. Practice is in order first. Much appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic