Building Implosion Captured by Phantom 2

Reaction score
I filmed this building implosion in Southfield, Michigan with my Phantom 2 with H3-3D and GoPro 3+ Black Edition.

It was fun shooting the implosion, but due to 'safety restrictions', I wasn't able to get all the shots I had planned.

Hope you enjoy!

http://youtu.be/B7F6yafDC5g

Gotta say that it one of the most unique uses of the Phantom I have seen posted. It always amazes me how little material is left after a building implodes. I don't think I would have wanted to be any closer, the shot was perfect. What shot(s) did they not let you get (for safety reasons)? I would have been worried about VRS if directly above it.

Thanks for the compliments! When I heard that the building was going to be imploded, there was no question that I *HAD* to capture it with the quad!!

The public wasn't allowed anywhere near the building and all roads were closed, so access to the site was a challenge. Thanks to the long range of my FPV, I was able to get the quad out to the site. Unfortunately, there is a television tower right across from the building, and it was interfering with my signal. For the first time ever, I was loosing the signal to the quad, and it kept trying to RTH. Fortunately, I was able to keep it in one place long enough to capture the actual implosion event, but just barely. After the building fell, we (public) were allowed to get closer, so that's how I was able to get the aftermath footage.

Great video, thanks for sharing it.
IF i can suggest something that I for 1 would love to watch again is adding a reversal to it so we end up with a building intact as it was before the demolition.
Look forward to seeing that
Angelo

cokeaddict said:
Great video, thanks for sharing it.
IF i can suggest something that I for 1 would love to watch again is adding a reversal to it so we end up with a building intact as it was before the demolition.
Look forward to seeing that
Angelo

Yeah, Gadgetguy, get on that pronto. Don't want to keep cokeaddict from waiting! :) :D

"I'm in love with the coco"

Really cool looking. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers