Building a hex from wrecked Phantoms

Reaction score
Hi Phantom pilots!

I have two wrecked Phantoms. All of the guts are in tact, and functional. I am planning on building a Hexcopter (6 blades) from the remaining guts. I am seeking advice from those of you who may have some insight on what I should purchase to make this dream a reality.

I need:

Frame
Possibly ESC's?
Possibly motors and blades?
Wiring
Battery suggestions

I believe all of the motors and ESC's are currently functional.

I plan on using this hex for aerial video footage with a GoPro 3 Black, mounted in a Tarot Gimbal. I would like to see 10 min + flight times. Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Good news is the flight controller will work, just need to be reconfigured with Naza assistance. On the cheap, you can get the F550 and reuse the stock motors, and if creative the ESC's, but eventually you'll end up upgrading them.

Upgrade choices, HK F30 flashed with simon K software are really good alternative to the DJI ESC's. T-motor, just depends on what size props and battery you plan will determine the size to get.

BruceTS said:
Good news is the flight controller will work, just need to be reconfigured with Naza assistance. On the cheap, you can get the F550 and reuse the stock motors, and if creative the ESC's, but eventually you'll end up upgrading them.

Upgrade choices, HK F30 flashed with simon K software are really good alternative to the DJI ESC's. T-motor, just depends on what size props and battery you plan will determine the size to get.

Yes the Naza controller will work. That's awesome. Reconfiguring from quad to hex is easy with the Naza Software.

I was thinking about the F550 frame. Makes things easy, especially since I am hoping to use stock motors and ESC's (just need to extend wires a bit). I am also considering the Turnigy Talon Hex Frame. I need to find landing gear for this as I will be mounting video equipment below the chopper.

Question: Do I need to buy something to get regulated power to the Naza controller? It doesn't take voltage directly from the battery, does it?

You may have to add a BEC, since the power usually comes from one of the ESC's that have a BEC built in, but I don't think the stock one's do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic