BTU

Reaction score
Phantom 2 upgraded to firmware V3.0

Bought a BTU module today (Not the Data Link)

Latest version of iPhone NM Assistant.

Latest version of IOS Ground Station.

Ground-station does not detect the BTU.

NM Assistant on iPhone and/or iPad detects the BTU, accepts my username and password,
but then refuses to connect due to "Firmware Mismatch".

BTU Release notes says it will work only with Naza-M V2 Firmware V3.16 or above, but
The Naza-M Assistant will not connect to the Phantom 2.
The Phantom 2 Assistant Software does not detect the BTU.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
What to do?

Another question: without the datalink, can the BTU be used with the iPad Ground Station to set up a route and send the P2 on its way? The documentation is seriously lacking in essential detail.

I don't think the naza assistant app works with the phantom controller only the naza.

Hi Xplorer,

Sorry to break the bad news buddy but you're going to have to spend some more cash to get your BTU working on your P2. You have to buy the datalink, it is the only thing that will operate between your iPad GS and the P2. Naza V2 will not connect with P2.

Your BTU plugs into the ground end of the datalink. The air end plugs into a canbus on you iOSD or on the leg of the P2. Your GS will then detect the BTU and allow you to upload waypoints and flight plans to the P2. You may as well delete the NM assistant from your iPad or iPhone, they WILL NOT WORK with P2.

You've already spent this much, just a little bit more and you're there!,

PetePerrim said:
You may as well delete the NM assistant from your iPad or iPhone, they WILL NOT WORK with P2.

You haven't been able to get the NM Assistant to work through the BTU when it's connected to the GS? I'd heard it would work that way, just not when the BTU was plugged in to the Phantom directly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers