BTU Module

Reaction score
I bought the BTU Module for my phantom, when I have it hooked up it shows the steady green light however I can't get my iPhone to connect to it. It has the latest up-dates and is all good in that aspect but no matter what I try the phone won't connect. Any ideas ?

madsonp said:
I bought the BTU Module for my phantom, when I have it hooked up it shows the steady green light however I can't get my iPhone to connect to it. It has the latest up-dates and is all good in that aspect but no matter what I try the phone won't connect. Any ideas ?

Are you trying to use the naza assistant app? because the does not work with a BTU connected to a Phantom, only a naza-m etc.

I'm trying to use the NM Assistant app. I had it connected once a while back but haven't been able to connect since. So you're saying it won't work?

The BTU will not allow you to access your Phantom via bluetooth. The BTU is to allow for a blue tooth connection from an iPad to a Ground Station.

Diesel31 said:
The BTU will not allow you to access your Phantom via bluetooth. The BTU is to allow for a blue tooth connection from an iPad to a Ground Station.

I don't follow.

I've got the BTU connected to my F450 (essentially the same as the Phantom), and it allows me to connect via my iPhone using the NAZA app, works just like connecting up to the NAZA assistant on my computer. I've never done the grounstation stuff. (nor do I have the ability)

I've read the BTU does not work with the P2 and the NazaM application. As explained to me, the Naza on the P2 is a hybrid not compatible with the BTU and NM app. Although I did get it to work when I had the P2 Assistant plugged into the P2. Don't think that is the intended function of the different components !!

Now as far as the other Phantoms, no clue what works and doesn't.

Gizmo3000 said:
Diesel31 said:

I don't follow.

I've got the BTU connected to my F450 (essentially the same as the Phantom), and it allows me to connect via my iPhone using the NAZA app, works just like connecting up to the NAZA assistant on my computer. I've never done the grounstation stuff. (nor do I have the ability)

Agreed makes no sense but the firmwares are different even though the box is orange and the same shape!

Yep, AFAIK BTU is not supported (yet) for the P2 NAZA through a direct canbus connection and the naza-m app. The ground station has the BTU connected on the ground end so the phantom doesn't even know it's there.

You would think if this doesn't work with the P2 that they would state that on their web page for this device, I'm kinda pissed that I shelled out $50 for this for nothing. You read the description shown below from the DJI web site for this and it sure leads you to believe it should work.

BTU Module

The Naza-M now provides assistant software for iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPad3, iPad4, iPadmini, iPod5. You can do parameter adjustments at any time on your mobile devices, using only the BTU with a built-in Bluetooth module which makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile devices. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your mobile devices.
Built-in Bluetooth(4.0)
Working Temperature: -10℃~+50℃
Communication Distance: 50m
Weight: 17g
Power Consumption: 240mw(0.04A@6V)

Well, this confirms it I guess, this is from B&H photos web site's page on the BTU module.

PLEASE NOTE: BTU Module is NOT compatible with the DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4