BTU inside P1?

Reaction score
Hi all. Have searched for hours but can't seem to find info on any adverse effects of mounting the BTU module permanently inside the P1 case. Anyone know if there will be control issues with the 2.4ghz?

I plan to hook up the PMU v2, iosd mini and btu inside the case. However, If I need to keep the btu off the quad while flying, obviously I'll need to mount the iosd mini to the outside to make it removable. I'd prefer a cleaner install though.

I will not be running a gimble any time soon, if that makes a difference.

So, other than the small weight and power penalties, any reason I can't plan on a totally internal install for the iosd mini and btu?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No control/interference issues, but the BTU module has an internal antenna that needs to be somewhat exposed to receive and transmit, and the range isn't all that great to begin with. There aren't a lot of places inside the shell you could stick it and have it not be occluded by the battery or other components.

Sounds good. I'd be using the btu to tweak geofence limits and check parameters in the field, between flights- so was planning on having the iPad about 6 inches away while doing it. Don't imagine I'd risk changing anything while actually in flight.

Also- is it possible to do software upgrades over btu, so I can remove the ridiculous USB cable. If not, I'll be surface mounting that while I'm in there installing the rest.

Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea about software updates, probably not supported through the app.

The btu is great for in-flight gains adjustment, you can change every setting independently in real-time, as opposed to x1/x2 through the tx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers