Broken transmitter antenna

Reaction score
Hey there. So due to a total lack of incompetence on my part, I managed to break the left hand antenna on the RC. The white cover has come off with the actual antenna snapping at the base. I am able to put the white cover with the snapped antenna back into place. (Picture attached).

Could anyone tell me if/how this would affect flight in the short term. And in the long term, how best to get it fixed - should I send it away or is this something I could do?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452973309.740203.jpg

I doubt you can solder antennas? And im sure you will have have some signal problem, bc one antenna receives and the other sends signal. Best thing to do is getting replace to prevent any other problems

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why not take advantage of this "incident" and mod the RC controller with better antennas?

Best bet would be to contact DJI and see if you can get a replacement.
could also upgrade to a fpvlr or dbs antenna.

The OP broke the board in half though :(

Oh, so it seems. Too much beer, sorry .. How ever, if OP gives me address, i can send replacement for free. Don't need it, DBSMOD. PM me. Will take few days from .fi -> .uk but if you can wait, i can help.

Reactions: Jay H
Thank you to everyone for the help. Thanks to Rulppa and some spare antennas he had, I swapped the broken one out for a new one. I'm also looking into upgrading the system all together.

Reactions: rulppa
Thank you to everyone for the help. Thanks to Rulppa and some spare antennas he had, I swapped the broken one out for a new one. I'm also looking into upgrading the system all together.
hi i did the same, can you tell me were to get replacement....thanks

I have 2 good (new) original antennas from my P4.

You can have both of them. Upgraded mine and don.t need them.

Reactions: bbfn2001

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4