Broken part from ESC board

Reaction score
I accidentally damaged a tiny part from the ESC in my attempt to disassemble the body shell. The cable and connector is still okay but the base on the ESC was disconnected and broken. Is this something that I can fix myself?
large_HK8_A0730.jpg

111.jpg

Last edited:
Someone might be able to weigh in with some advice if you post an actual photo of the damage.

Right. But, I'm suggesting you post actual photos showing the damage in detail to allow someone who is knowledgeable in electronics to give you advice specific to your unique case.

msinger is right, to see exact dammage we need close picture, like this example;
86dbb2ba041b175378a6b447ef485d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can ´t fix it by yourself, but you can ask someone with the good smd soldering skills and the right equipment.

I would find someone good at soldering. If u have never done it u could make a mess

Last edited:
Updated the original post. Second picture shown the ESC board without the tiny part I mentioned before. The pins connected to board were broken

Looks like you pulled the SMT connector off the main board, leaving the pins still soldered in place. That white plastic tab on the mating connector you have in hand is a hinge that when pinched, allows easy disconnect. So, now you need a new connector for the main board installed, or a new main board.

Looks like you pulled the SMT connector off the main board, leaving the pins still soldered in place. That white plastic tab on the mating connector you have in hand is a hinge that when pinched, allows easy disconnect. So, now you need a new connector for the main board installed, or a new main board.
Yes, I noticed that. The hinge can be connect/disconnect from connector. But it had broken and left the pins on main board. Some of the pins were missing from the board. I wish this is something that can be repaired and no need to replace the whole board.

Updated the original post. Second picture shown the ESC board without the tiny part I mentioned before. The pins connected to board were broken
Its hard to see from your picture with certainty however it seems the pins are intact. Somehow you managed to reef the connector clean off, must have taken considerable force.

There is a very good chance this can be repaired. As a diy proposition you could solder pigtail leads to the pins and attach a new connector to those.

New connector is highly recommended for being on the safe side. There is an adapter to consider, and to show soldering skills ;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But ideally all pins left on the DJI board should be removed and new connector installed. Beware not free of risk.

Last edited:
New connector is highly recommended for being on the safe side. There is an adapter to consider, and to show soldering skills ;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But ideally all pins left on the DJI board should be removed and new connector installed. Beware not free of risk.

Thinking of it too. But I don't even know what's the name of that part to start searching.

good hot thin soldering iron and steady hand. if you were in US i would have send it over and i could re-install it.

I'm in Malaysia. Any tips?
Find someone in Malaysia with Hunch's skills and investment in equipment and pay them. The more you try to fix it the more it will cost when you inevitably take it to someone for assistance. You may actually do enough damage that it isn't worth fixing.

get on a plane and fly to America. St Paul is nice this time of year. Have a nice visit with Hunch while he makes the repair. Then u could get some great videos of the country. Drive around the different states and when u get to Florida stop in. I'll take u to Disney where they won't let u fly.

Reactions: hunch
get on a plane and fly to America. St Paul is nice this time of year. Have a nice visit with Hunch while he makes the repair. Then u could get some great videos of the country. Drive around the different states and when u get to Florida stop in. I'll take u to Disney where they won't let u fly.

LOVE IT!! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31