Reaction score
Hi, I crashed my P2 from approximately 60 foot. The battery died towards the end of a flight. It hit so hard it knocked several components off the main board. I started by replacing the main board. However once powered up it just beeps Motor 1 and Motor 2 flash red lights Motor 3 and Motor 4 flash green then yellow then no flashing the beeping gets faster and more erratic. I then proceeded to the flight controller, removed it from the board and shore enough there where components rattling around inside of it. So today I got a new flight controller installed thinking this would get me up and running. Despite all of this, upon power up the beeping and light flashing still persists. I'm at a loss. Is there anything I may be missing???

Hello
First off at that height your GPS is most likely shattered ( as it is ceramic ) , but can be fixed easily for a couple bucks. If broken will cause a error.This is most likely your main problem , ( located under top shell under RF tape )if you can supply DETAILED pictures of your craft, inside, outside, connections wiring, ect, the more the better, than we can examine them for any damage, or obvious problems, this will help us to better help you! Plus if you can take a video of the startup, it might help as well. Also leg compass may have come unplugged as well, if anti static, you have to POP plastic cover off, to access compass and connector, if pre anti static, plug is accessible
As it has no over plate.
And like above esc failure can also cause error.

Let us know
J Dot
:cool:

I can't get it to show up in the assistant.

Since you purchased a new R/C controller did you pair to the P2?? Here's a link for the v1.4 User's Manual if you haven't paired the remote to the P2. Look at page 18 for instructions.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Also after replacing the main board have you connected software to see if the P2 is recognized? After replacing the main board you need to do an advanced IMU not a basic nor IMU check. Hopefully you reconnected GPS cable before closing up the shell. If you forgot to the motors will not start.

If you had to replace the main board due to the crash you should removed the GPS module in shell's top and checked to see if the ceramic antenna was cracked as it's right up against the top of the upper shell.

Will upload pics and video tomorrow. Thanks for replys thus far.

I've looked at your photos but but something does not look right look at the following photo.
IMG_3615.jpg

Look closely at the X1, 2 and 3. X3 seem to be missing and the plug that goes above those three is right under the red line marking the top row. If you still have the old board take a look at those two cables.

I've looked at your photos but but something does not look right look at the following photo.
View attachment 69652

Look closely at the X1, 2 and 3. X3 seem to be missing and the plug that goes above those three is right under the red line marking the top row. If you still have the old board take a look at those two cables.

The x3 and x4 connections are on the board. However look at the conections to the flight controller on mine as compared to yours. Mine look to be oriented differently than yours.

View attachment 69652

Could you provide me with detailed pictures of your x1 x2 x3 x4 connections to the flight controller (NAZA).

The x3 and x4 connections are on the board. However look at the conections to the flight controller on mine as compared to yours. Mine look to be oriented differently than yours.

Are you using the same original Naza module on the new board?

Are you using the same original Naza module on the new board?

Initially I was, but yesterday I replaced it. Still same behavior. I was wondering if maybe i got the pinouts wrong. If anyone could provide detailed pics for reference of how theres is wired that would help greatly

Could you provide me with detailed pictures of your x1 x2 x3 x4 connections to the flight controller (NAZA).

The key on the photo I sent you to expand it. Connector X3 uses the same plug as X1 and 2. Now that is why I asked if you still have the broken board so you could compare the connectors on both both boards.

Initially I was, but yesterday I replaced it. Still same behavior. I was wondering if maybe i got the pinouts wrong. If anyone could provide detailed pics for reference of how theres is wired that would help greatly

Those connectors are indexed and X1, 2 and 3 the brown wires are at the top. The row of connectors the brown wires face to the right towards the 2.4GHz receiver.

Look at the side view of your wiring it seem you plugged it up wrong.
NAZA MOD.jpg

All three are connected wrong X1, 2 and 3. There are 4 rows of pins X1 - 3 should install upright with the brown wires of all three at the top.

If you ever find yourself doing this again take a photo before you start. It helps.

Look at the side view of your wiring it seem you plugged 7 it up wrong.
View attachment 69655

All three are connected wrong X1, 2 and 3. There are 4 rows of pins X1 - 3 should install upright with the brown wires of all three at the top.

If you ever find yourself doing this again take a photo before you start. It helps.

I didn't go into detail on this in the OP but i got this from my brother after he crashed and replaced board initially. It was way to much detail for the explanation in the op. So none the less i hooked it up the way he had it hooked up. But also found some pics on google and there's was hooked in the manor mine was. Unfortunately I'm not home to reconfigure. I'll tomorrow and see where that gets me.

And thanks for your help to this point!

I didn't go into detail on this in the OP but i got this from my brother after he crashed and replaced board initially. It was way to much detail for the explanation in the op. So none the less i hooked it up the way he had it hooked up. But also found some pics on google and there's was hooked in the manor mine was. Unfortunately I'm not home to reconfigure. I'll tomorrow and see where that gets me.

And thanks for your help to this point!

That is why I have a file filled with photos like what I sent to you. Look you ( your brother in this case) are not the only one who undertaken replacing the main board an gotten it wired up wrong.

Reactions: J Dot
That is why I have a file filled with photos like what I sent to you. Look you ( your brother in this case) are not the only one who undertaken replacing the main board an gotten it wired up wrong.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow, thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31