Broken ND Filter

Reaction score
I purchased a set of filters for the camera. Tried to remove the filter ( which is to be hand tight ) and could not undo from the camera lens

So I use a small pair of channel locks when I applied pressure to unscrew the lens shattered. Camera and drone is ok but don't want to do any more damage

Still trying a way to remove anyone has some good ideas?

Any ideas .

The UV filter is easy to remove after you take it off the first time. People often have trouble removing it because they use too much force. Just gently grip it and turn it counter-clockwise. It sometimes takes a few tries before it starts to budge.

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
Bout time DJI included instructions for removing the cap-- There has to be 5000 posts on this subject. Every new Phantom owner goes thru the same issue before they find out the truth:D:D

I was told the tool they used to include for removing a stuck prop can be used for this also but never tried it myself.

Some people do, but I just use my hand to remove it :)

I also had a problem removing the stock lens cap until I found a small rubber band which when stretched around the lens allowed me to easily remove it using only 2 fingers. It is only hand tightened. I would not use channel lock pliers or any such tool for fear of damaging something.

Now that you have already butchered it it will be easy to remove (assuming the glass shattered). Grab the ring with needle nise pliers and twist, a bit like opening a sardine can. The ring will easily bend around the pliers collapsing inside the lens barrel thread.

I tried using the Rubber band and surprise it worked like a dream. Thanks so much for this good idea. Now I only have to buy a new Filter from DJI.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.