Broken gimble ring. Photo and questions.

.. and make it more likely to get them in your shot I assume.

They are
Actually not. Go figure.

Yeah, I thought about that. Since the added length is pretty much straight down and outward, it should stay out of the picture.

In any case, getting back to the original topic, I ordered the new piece for the gimble. We'll see how it goes. Best case it goes back together and everything works.

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.

Ok, I got the part I sent away for and put it back together, but I want to replace the ribbon cable while I have the gimble and camera off. I've looked online and have seen them for sale for anywhere from $9.99 to $50.00! Why the huge price swing? Is there one that someone can recommend? Are they aftermarket vs authentic DJI replacement?

Ok, here's the follow up. I replaced the gimbal roll arm, I replaced the ribbon cable. Put it back together and started it up. The gimbal didn't do the start up dance and I got a gimble gyroscope error. I got a video feed but the video is terrible quality. Check out the video attached. It should be noted that when it crashed and broke the roll arm, the video was still running and and was looking up at me from the ground. At that time the video quality was perfect. The bad video only started after I replace the arm, the ribbon, and put it back together.

Update, Now today, a couple days later I have "no video transmission signal". The gimbal is still limp, no start up dance and no video at all now. I took it for a flight, everything there seems to be ok. Good GPS lock, good control and hover in place.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers