Broken Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same issue with broken Gimbal. When I turn my Advanced 3 on camera doesn't move but is beeping 3 times fast. It is a low beep..The light is blinking red above camera. I bought it used and was told gimbal is not working. Nothing seems to be broken on camera and parts around it. What is the next step in fixing. It seems like the ribbon Cable is the most common issue with repairs. Camera takes pictures and video just cant move it with remote and won't set in place after turning on the bird.

In the remote It tells me i have a gimbal tilt error-hardware malfunction...It also has I should upgrade firmware. I have 1.8 installed right now. Bird flies fine with controller..

Not sure if I should upgrade firmware with a broken gimbal, at least I can fly it and learn while I fix gimbal, don't want to upgrade firmware not be able to fly it because it screws up update because gimbal is not working.

Should I want to upgrade firmware until gimbal is working?

Any advice I how to proceed to fix gimbal? Is there a diagnostic to tell what part or parts are bad. Again nothing looks like it is broken or bent.

Totally a newbee Just purchased last week

Thanks

I would return it if it's broken and you've only owned it for a week? Or have you been flying with it?

Thanks G-Dizzle..I bought it used so it was a good deal for the drone but now have to fix gimbal or purchase another. I wish I knew what I need to fix it. The ribbon cable is the first thing I can replace. but the beep beep beep should mean something on what is wrong.

thanks

I'm having no luck with the same issue P3Adv. I have a gimbal tilt error in the app as well.
Gimbal does not do "boot dance" just a very quiet beep beep beep from the gimbal as it hangs there. Camera works, everything in the app seems to work. From hunting around the net others
are having this issue. I'd hate to find that even if I get a replacement gimbal/camera the problem
doesn't resolve. Is there a flow chart or schematic anyone has seen? I don't know how to diagnose
if it is a problem with the gimbal or mainboard. Is there any honest gimbal repair company out there? Of course most (DJI) want to just replace the gimbal unit, not repair it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik