*Used follow me mode
*I stopped
*drone kept going
*flew into a tree
*smashed

1489590009032.jpg
1489590015492.jpg
1489590023407.jpg

Personally, I would never fly my drone, especially one that lacks obstacle avoidance sensors, in an IOC mode where it was low enough to hit something.

Reactions: Neon Euc
A case for firm wear not working

However good news... I spoke to the shop that sold it to me. Just 5 mins on the phone, They will send out an engineer to fix it... If it can't be fixed I will get a replacement. And yet.. Didn't even call DJI. Now that's what you call customer service

More importantly, were you riding that electric unicycle thing in the background there when this happened?
No, that's the odd thing. I walked to test it so I can get the height perfect. Then the bloody thing just carried on

However good news... I spoke to the shop that sold it to me. Just 5 mins on the phone, They will send out an engineer to fix it... If it can't be fixed I will get a replacement. And yet.. Didn't even call DJI. Now that's what you call customer service

I'm sure the shop you bought it from as enough business to afford an engineer on its payroll. [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

Reactions: rebelyellNC
Awesome service on this deal.... there were earlier reported issues with the controller reporting the wrong GPS position to the AC in follow mode. Did you try switching out of F mode?

Awesome service on this deal.... there were earlier reported issues with the controller reporting the wrong GPS position to the AC in follow mode. Did you try switching out of F mode?
To be honest I panicked so much that the first thing I done was try to lift the drone above the trees before it crashed. Looking back I would have done things differently and flicked the switch. [emoji50]

I hope you never need DJI support.

I hope you never need DJI support.
Really hope so to. The number I was given wasn't picking up, so I will try again monday. If no answer... I will just send it in and hope for the best. To be honest... It's really not that bad. I can turn it on and their is no red error lights. Just starts up as normal. I need to glue the gimble together and get a new ribbon cable, pop one of the antennas back into the leg and pop the shell back again. Only problem is the battery sticks out a bit. It still connects but I wouldn't trust it to be honest. Think it's more of a repair then a replacement job

The ironic thing is my gimble guard arrived today [emoji23]

But on a good note. Despite the 65 metre drop, I still don't have any stress cracks lol

Do your best to repair it locally. I saw very few people happy with the DJI support.

The ironic thing is my gimble guard arrived today [emoji23]

But on a good note. Despite the 65 metre drop, I still don't have any stress cracks lol

They make very strong/sturdy and functional drones. To me, no other company can even come close to matching their quality. However, their support is not as good as their products.

Do your best to repair it locally. I saw very few people happy with the DJI support.
They make very strong/sturdy and functional drones. To me, no other company can even come close to matching their quality. However, their support is not as good as their products.
DJI's biggest problem is the huge number of people that love to get online and say that they've heard that DJI support is bad.

Reactions: OOO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1