Broken Birdside Antenna

Reaction score
Hey guys

I added bird side antennas last year and the T section broke off of one of them. They are quite fragile. Other than looking a bit lopsided it doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect so far.
I was wondering if it was really advisable to buy and install new ones as they are super expensive with the exchange rate to shipping to Aus. Plus I don't think you can buy one only, they seem to only come in a set of two.
It would also be great if I could fix it myself.
Any thoughts?

T section? Sounds like you're describing a dipole? If it doesn't seem to have an effect, it's probably because it's auto-switching to the other good antenna. You should probably get it fixed if you can. I dunno - maybe try to get a drop of solder in there? I've never fixed a dipole.

T section? Sounds like you're describing a dipole? If it doesn't seem to have an effect, it's probably because it's auto-switching to the other good antenna. You should probably get it fixed if you can. I dunno - maybe try to get a drop of solder in there? I've never fixed a dipole.

The problem is that the top of the T section was actually lost while flying. I'm just wondering if there was a way of building a new one and soldering it back on. Does anyone know what materials the antennas are made of? It looks like a plastic tube with a wire inside covered in shrink tubing from the looks of the unbroken dipole. I bought it from FVPLR.

Yeah - I don't really understand those dipoles. Why is it manufactured that way with each stem enclosed in clear plastic? And why are they so fragile? I don't know.

If you did order another pair, you'd have an extra one for when the next one breaks, which would help ease the burden of the shipping.

<shrug> Just trying the help. Good luck!

The problem is that the top of the T section was actually lost while flying. I'm just wondering if there was a way of building a new one and soldering it back on. Does anyone know what materials the antennas are made of? It looks like a plastic tube with a wire inside covered in shrink tubing from the looks of the unbroken dipole. I bought it from FVPLR.

Have you contacted Tony at FPVLR. I've never dealt with him or any of his products, but from what I've read, he seems to be a helpful person.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20