Broken beyond repair P3P camera? I want it.

Reaction score
After months waiting on DJI over a flyaway, they finally sold me a replacement P3P. When it arrives I notice that the glass lens (not the UV filter) has blurry in about 50% of it. It's so blurry I don't even enjoy flying. DJI sent me an RMA for it, and wants me to return it to see about getting it fixed. I've only had a drone 3 months. Two of those months it was gone waiting for DJI to replace it. So now I really, really don't want to send the drone back and spend half a year without a drone. I don't want to buy an entirely new camera, I just want to take a camera apart and pull out the glass lens. A few days ago a nice person on RCGroups sold me his wrecked P3P camera for $50. Unfortunately he sent me a Phantom 2 Vision+ camera which doesn't have the same lens.

So if you have a wrecked Phantom 3 camera that you can't get a bunch of money on eBay for I would like to buy it as long as the lens used to take sharp pictures, and isn't cracked.

Thank you. DJI Support can suck it.

Also does the Phantom 3 Standard camera have the exact same lens glass as the P3P model? At least I could get a take apart for $350 which sucks…

I hit a tree, stupid mistake on my part, the camera detached from the gimble. The camera appeared fine but drone doctors replaced the camera and gimble. I have the camera and not sure if this is what you need but let me know.

Dellis the camera is exactly what I need. Did you lens take sharp pictures? As long as it has no cracks I'd be interested. I'm going to tear it open and put the glass in my current drone.

Yes perfect pictures. No cracks.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450406948.212042.jpg

Not sure the value complete camera gimble was 696.00

Great pictures!

Here's the numbers I've arrived at:
• Brand New 4K P3P gambal+camera is $539 (dji.com)
• Brand New P3S gimbal+camera is $379 (dji.com)

All of these models use the same glass lens, so it doesn't matter to me what Phantom 3 camera it is.

You have a used P3P camera+gimble that's broken and not working right? If it's working enough you can try selling it on eBay for more money. I see auctions where the P3P camera by itself without gimbal sold for $99 (eBay.com) from a newer unit that is guaranteed working.

If the unit is damaged like you say it is, there's a good chance that it's not sellable. Most people want these units to either get the working gimbal. I'm in a unique position of wanting a trashed unit to take apart and pull the lens glass out of. The rest of it going int the trash.

That's how I come to the somewhat insulting number of $50. :) That's why I was looking for badly broken units, that don't have value anymore. If your interested in selling it let me know. Otherwise if it's in better working condition than you mentioned you should try selling it on eBay.

I bought this on eBay, and I'm still interested in buying yours.
Phantom 3 Standard Camera And Lens Cover

Let me know.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.