Broke Vision+ Camera and Gimbal. Replacements?

Reaction score
So, on my first flight with less than 3 minutes in the air, I broke my camera and gimbal. There no sense in crying over spilled milk.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Attachments

• photo 2(2).JPG
    photo 2(2).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 936
  • photo 1(2).JPG
    photo 1(2).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 852
Mixture of prop wash, pilot error, a palm tree, and the sidewalk (but the edge curved side. You know, the kind that fits between the skids.

lynsomeon said:
So, on my first flight with less than 3 minutes in the air, I broke my camera and gimbal. There no sense in crying over spilled milk.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Hi,

I would be happy to take the smashed camera and gimbal off your hands for parts (trying to rebuild my own smashed assembly).

Drop me a line if your interested:

[email protected]

Cheers,
Mark

I see blade guards on there. I've had two minor incidents with prop wash and after reading one of the non-plus forums I'm beginning to formulate a theory. I think the prop guards are causing the problem when the wind is coming from the wrong direction. I was practicing a RTH yesterday and it started to flutter on descent , nothing i did would stop it. It hit the ground pretty hard causing some minor damage. Luckily I was over very soft grass.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had problems with prop wash and if they had prop guards on or not.

Hey Lynsomeon,

Sorry to hear about that..scares the hell out of me!! Im new to these products, had an AR Drone for about a month and crashed that several gazillion times.

Just received my P2V+ from uavproducts.com on saturday and been flying it around nice and slow, so far the only malfunction I had was that my dog decided to use the little plastic lock thing that holds the camera in place as a chew toy! (If you happen to decide to part with yours...shoot me a note I'd be happy to buy it off you)

I hope you can get it fixed! I keep reading about the inevitable and damm seeing those pictures makes it so real!!!

Sorry Gents. Not for sale. I'll try to fix it if I can't finds reasonably priced alternative, but it being what it is, I don't think that'll be possible.

As to prop guards promoting the "vortex ring state", or flutter on descent, YES! Finally got my prop guards, tried it out in a stiff breeze 12knts or so, and on landing, I got a flutter, applied full power, and down she came. Snapped a prop guard and two props. Promptly removed prop guards, replaced props, and learned to add lateral or forward/back movement to get out of a fluttering descent.

denofr said:
I'd like to know if anyone else has had problems with prop wash and if they had prop guards on or not.

I use prop guards on a P2V+ and I've experienced flutter on decent.

Easiest way to avoid propwash is to descend slowly at an angle so you are always getting clean air under the props. I think a lot of newbies learn the hard way with some very wobbly moments descending too quickly and vertically.

;)

pyrophantom said:
Easiest way to avoid propwash is to descend slowly at an angle so you are always getting clean air under the props. I think a lot of newbies learn the hard way with some very wobbly moments descending too quickly and vertically.

;)
One of the 2 times it happened to me was during a practice RTH. By the time I realized what was going on it was too late. By the way where in the documentation does it address this?

I would like to see a poll with the following 4 options: (unfortunately I do not have sufficient privileges)

1. I use prop guards and I have experienced 1 or more 'Prop wash' events.
2. I use prop guards and I have not experienced a 'Prop wash' event.
3. I do not use prop guards and I have experienced 1 or more 'Prop wash' events.
4. I do not use prop guards and I have not experienced a 'Prop wash' event.

My guess is that the majority of prop wash instances occur while using prop guards. Like I said one of mine occurred during a RTH.

Hi, similar problem with gimbal after a crash! Anyone completed a teardown of the gimbal? Looks like the hanger arm from control unit to camera is the only problem, so looking to take it off to straighten.

denofr said:
pyrophantom said:

;)

My guess is that the majority of prop wash instances occur while using prop guards. Like I said one of mine occurred during a RTH.

Interesting that the documentation recommends prop guards, but doesn't recommend angled descent......but the latest firmware update reduces the maximum rate of descent without warnings about prop guards. Also suggests maybe these aren't so easy to fly in all situations if there isn't much you can do once you experience flutter.

If you go online and just research it a bit you will see the recommendations are either sideways lateral movement or forward momentum, simply to get the aircraft moving through clean air. Even the real boys suffer from it as seal team 6 found out when they tried to land on osama bin ladens hideout and one of them lost lift and crashed in the compound. Having 4 rotors makes the turbulence worse so you just need to get out of it to retain control of the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20