Broke my USB port for the Contoller . Where can I get another

Reaction score
I broke my charging port on my controller for my Standard 3 prying it apart to install another antenna. Every one I seen on line is for the camera. Anybody know if I can get another USB port? It disconnects very easy. Thanks

Last edited:
I broke my charging port on my controller for my Standard 3 prying it apart to install another antenna. Every one I seen on line is for the camera. Anybody know if I can get another USB port? It disconnects very easy. Thanks
Exactly how is it broken? Please can you post a clear photo of the broken USB port here then, perhaps, we can advise you better.

Exactly how is it broken? Please can you post a clear photo of the broken USB port here then, perhaps, we can advise you better.
When I was prying the controller apart to install a long range antenna I wasnt careful and broke off the USB port from its base. This is the port used for charging the controller. It has 4 wires on it and connects to the c
same board as the stock antenna. You have to pull the plug to take the top of the controller off. So its easy to replace . 2 screws and a plug but when I called DJI they said they don' sell controller parts and want me to send it to them .That tells me they have the part they just don' want to send it . I could get a whole new controller from eBay cheaper than that but I didnt' want to spend 70 bucks at least for a 5 dollar part . It' s my fault that it' broke and those of you who have put a different antenna on know what I'm talking about. I think I'm screwed and going to have to buy a new controller for this part. It minus well be a 200 dollar part if you can' get it

When I was prying the controller apart to install a long range antenna I wasnt careful and broke off the USB port from its base. This is the port used for charging the controller. It has 4 wires on it and connects to the c
same board as the stock antenna. You have to pull the plug to take the top of the controller off. So its easy to replace . 2 screws and a plug but when I called DJI they said they don' sell controller parts and want me to send it to them .That tells me they have the part they just don' want to send it . I could get a whole new controller from eBay cheaper than that but I didnt' want to spend 70 bucks at least for a 5 dollar part . It' s my fault that it' broke and those of you who have put a different antenna on know what I'm talking about. I think I'm screwed and going to have to buy a new controller for this part. It minus well be a 200 dollar part if you can' get it
A photo paints a thousand words but I'll do the best from your description... :) Is it correct that you've just ripped the USB port connectors (you say 'wires') off the board? If that is the case then anyone with reasonable soldering skills could probably resolder it back onto the board for you. It should be quite cheap to do too...

DJI always want you to send it in....

I'm looking for it can't find but it's behind repair. The guy I talked to from DJI I don't even think he had a clue of what I was talking about . They sell this piece for the gumball part #47 but it doesn' fit the controller

I'm looking for it can't find but it's behind repair. The guy I talked to from DJI I don't even think he had a clue of what I was talking about . They sell this piece for the gumball part #47 but it doesn' fit the controller
My phone keeps changing words when I send. Gimbal

The wires aren't broke the actual USB port broke apart. I'm going to end up having to buy a controller. Its my own fault

The wires aren't broke the actual USB port broke apart. I'm going to end up having to buy a controller. Its my own fault
I guess that it's NOT this part #47 here then?... DJI USB Port Cable for Phantom 3 Quadcopter (Part 47) | eBay - I would think that a USB socket isn't that hi-tech and anyone with a suitable USB connector and a bit of soldering skill could manage to patch it in OK, but I'm no expert... (sorry)

DJI may not be the easiest and cheapest solution. Have you investigated repair shops in your locality?

I guess that it's NOT this part #47 here then?... DJI USB Port Cable for Phantom 3 Quadcopter (Part 47) | eBay - I would think that a USB socket isn't that hi-tech and anyone with a suitable USB connector and a bit of soldering skill could manage to patch it in OK, but I'm no expert... (sorry)

DJI may not be the easiest and cheapest solution. Have you investigated repair shops in your locality?
I ordered,that part #47 thought I had it but it didn't work,. Realized the gimbal has a usb port and its for that . DJI said they don't sell controller parts I guess they don't want you in it

I ordered,that part #47 thought I had it but it didn't work,. Realized the gimbal has a usb port and its for that . DJI said they don't sell controller parts I guess they don't want you in it
Yeah - as you said, it's got 3 wires and you want 4... I still think that a good local expert might be able to help you though... Where are you?

I don't have a Standard myself and so can't quite visualise the part and location. If you can't take a good photo yourself maybe you can do a Google search of images to find one of what you're talking about, which then might prompt others to join in...

Sorry I can't help you more at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl