Broke controller. Need new. Stock or not?

Reaction score
hello
So my stock (advanced) controller is no longer an option. It's deceased! Ha. So looking to buy another. eBay seems to sell right around $200. Give or take. So that being said I have done a little research into aftermarket controllers and was wondering if anyone had some advice on the subject? Main reason to go aftermarket would be to try and get more distance? But that's where I get lost on the info. I've tried reading and learning what I would need. The up and downsides. The work involved ( do I need to change out interal stuff in drone itself? ) anywAy. Just looking for a few simplified answers ? I realize price will be more, but I'm open to thAt depending on the benefit?

ThAnks for any help.

aftermarket probably wont work just buy a new one add dbs mod to it and just bind it to your bird .you will be all set with distance

There are no compatible aftermarket RC controllers. P3A uses the proprietary Lightbridge system. There are only aftermarket range extenders. Some of the range extender companies sell modified P3A controllers for big bucks.

this remote

Modified DJI GL300C Remote

comes ready to go, brand new with the cables already done, all you have to do is buy one of the antenna's and screw them in.

Or just go on ebay/craigslist and look for a used remote, really used or new as long as it works should be fine.
That said if you get a new remote at 200+, you could also sometimes find a good deal on a used drone, advanced version for like 400-600 bucks, the way I look at it, 200 for remote, 100 for the battery that's 300 bucks already, now add 200 bucks and you get an entire new drone! sign me up! that's what I'm looking for now.

I think that Jake at MaxxUAV was going to get new Tx and modify and sell them ready to go. He may be worth checking out.

i picked a used one up on this forum for $125 shipped. The clean install cables are $34. Think of the beers you can buy with that extra $65 ;) Ebay has some deals as well below $150,but you gotta be watching and bidding at the end.

edit: my advice, pickup a used one and mod it yourself. Buy the clean install cables and then get an aftermarket RC.

You can get this one for $180: FS: Phantom 3 Pro Controller with charger
Clean install cables ($34): DJI - Clean Install Kit
MaxxRange Antenna $ 145.00: ItElite MaxxRange Antenna (Full Kit)
Total there is $349,t aht modded RC is $399 .. so you save $50 and learn, and have fun!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20