Brisbane, Australia

Reaction score
Good day everybody,

New to forum and new to drones, haven't even got one yet, so I'll be hanging out in the Australia section looking for advice on where to get the best bargains - I pretty much know that I love the Phantom 4 !!!

Then I'll need all the goodies to go with it, so I'll be here for awhile, cheers

John

Good day everybody,

New to forum and new to drones, haven't even got one yet, so I'll be hanging out in the Australia section looking for advice on where to get the best bargains - I pretty much know that I love the Phantom 4 !!!

Then I'll need all the goodies to go with it, so I'll be here for awhile, cheers

John

Welcome John, I'm also new to the forum, (Central West, NSW, Aust.) and new to Droning (P3S). The past couple of weeks i've been searching the forum for tips and advise with great results. I'm sure you will too. Here in NSW i've found "Rise Above Aerials" to have competitive pricing with advise to go with it.

Good luck, I don't think you will go wrong with a DJI P4
Cheers
Greg

Hello again,

Still have not purchased, very close but price seems to change daily!

Has anyone bought from eBay and shipped in from Hong Kong, Taiwan etc????

They seem to think you can miss out on being charged GST, is it just a matter of luck?

Thanks, John

Took the plunge and bought a package deal off eBay, with 2 extra batteries, charging rack, car charger - wish me luck :eek:

Then they posted this on Whirlpool, so might help an Aussies reading this thread = $1,679

Awesome price for just the drone alone :)

**** Smith Australia items - Get great deals on TV Video, Phones items on eBay Stores!

im from sydney i buy and get great service from CAMZILLA LINDFIELD repairs are cheap and fast has brought my P2+-P3A and mid august the P4 WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Agree the repair service is good and a great benefit if you are close to the store.

No advantage for warranty repairs. Now that DJI has their own repair facility in Australia (Melbourne) if you are claiming warranty repair Camzila needs to ship your AC off for evaluation to EHobbies (their distributor) and it will probably get repaired by DJI if approved. This adds time. If you go to DJI direct with a problem you get an RMA and shipping label for the Melbourne facility. At least a week faster (minimum) and less hassle.

Given no real advantage in repair times you can save a few dollars and just go for the best price. DWI (HK seller) has fast shipping and an Australian presence now to handle warranty claims.

I needed a warranty repair recently and was back flying within a week (shipped to melbourne from sydney) with no cost or hassle.

Hello again,

Still have not purchased, very close but price seems to change daily!

Has anyone bought from eBay and shipped in from Hong Kong, Taiwan etc????

They seem to think you can miss out on being charged GST, is it just a matter of luck?

Thanks, John

There may be some luck involved however it is mostly lying and cheating.

In most instances they simply under quote the value (declare less than $1000AU including shipping).

In some cases where it is obvious the declared price is way under value they will actually remove the internal packaging and mess things up a bit and describe it as a used item or claim that it is a warranty return or repair with a repair and or shipping cost.

If the price is good you can still be in front with duties and GST applied. Allow for the fact itnay well be levied on entry.

Hi guys, from Brisvegas. Have had my P3P for about three weeks. Got a great deal from a guy who upgraded to the Mavic. Modulated back pack, two batteries and camera filters for $1150. Look forward to our chats and experiences.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum mates .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome aboard from WA. Your in good hands here some of the most knowledgeable people on all things phantom hang out on this forum.

It may pay to check with the DJI service agents if they cover imported models before you buy as I've heard of several people having their warranty knocked back because it was a grey import from Hong Kong and not an Ozzie unit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome aboard from WA. Your in good hands here some of the most knowledgeable people on all things phantom hang out on this forum.

It may pay to check with the DJI service agents if they cover imported models before you buy as I've heard of several people having their warranty knocked back because it was a grey import from Hong Kong and not an Ozzie unit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good point re warranty. The way I loook at it the money saved can cover an out of pocket repair and depending on who you buy through they will look after some problems in house anyway. Current saving on the P4P is $600+ from one supplier that has a physical presence in Sydney.

If you have an Office Works near by they will beat any advertised Australian price by 5%
quote" if you happen to find a cheaper advertised price on an identical stocked item that's in stock with our competitor - even if it's on sale, we will not only match it, we'll beat it by 5%."

They have all 3 of the Phantoms listed and the Mavic . I have had some luck getting PH3 battery's at good prices never tried a whole bird though.

For great service and good AUS prices I thoroughly recommend speaking to Either John at Mongrel Gear or Brian at DCXpert . Both will go above and beyond in customer service.

If you are thinking about buying a P4, THEN I advise not to.
The conditions imposed by DJI (a Chinese company) and the information you have to provide to them for all your activities is personally intrusive.
The advertising in relation to flight range available in Australia is misleading and totally incorrect .
The provision of spare parts is oppressive and compels you to use DJI"s repair
services despite new (unlisted) parts being available from overseas .
It is my opinion that DJI operation contravene Australian consumer legislation
It has been my experience that a $3000 plus toy (plus further accessories) will only fly 500 m and DJI refuse to provide spare parts available elsewhere and refuse to quote estimates for repairs despite detailed descriptions of the problem.
Otto Remely 0408884775

500m doesn’t seem right (unless you are at low altitude or in a heavily RF congested area). You could check to see that you have enable max distance set to off.

If you are thinking about buying a P4, THEN I advise not to.
The conditions imposed by DJI (a Chinese company) and the information you have to provide to them for all your activities is personally intrusive.
The advertising in relation to flight range available in Australia is misleading and totally incorrect .
The provision of spare parts is oppressive and compels you to use DJI"s repair
services despite new (unlisted) parts being available from overseas .
It is my opinion that DJI operation contravene Australian consumer legislation
It has been my experience that a $3000 plus toy (plus further accessories) will only fly 500 m and DJI refuse to provide spare parts available elsewhere and refuse to quote estimates for repairs despite detailed descriptions of the problem.
Otto Remely 0408884775
Sorry have to disagree with you there. My P4 straight out of the box did an easy 2500mtrs in the right conditions and with the correct flying method. Apart from a few self inflicted issues with the last FW update, nothing has changed for me (the NFZ update is annoying but manageable) and as for parts, you can get them freely from a variety of places including vendors on this forum. I've never had to deal with a warranty situation with DJI and considering my P4 is just over 12 months old, won't ever need to. I'll fix it myself.
Your $3000 suggests you have spent quite a bit extra beyond the base price, as I have, including a boosted set up so distance is only governed by the battery. As WTB ^ has mentioned, sounds like something else is amiss.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl