Bringing my drone Australia to Japan?

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm about to head to Japan from Australia and was wondering if I'm able to bring the drone with me? I've bought lipo safe bags for 2 batteries and I've got a drone bag for my P4 which is inconspicuous. Is there anything else I need to do? just a lil worried as its the first time I've taken my drone overseas and wanna make sure I've covered everything possible... thanks

Hi guys I'm about to head to Japan from Australia and was wondering if I'm able to bring the drone with me? I've bought lipo safe bags for 2 batteries and I've got a drone bag for my P4 which is inconspicuous. Is there anything else I need to do? just a lil worried as its the first time I've taken my drone overseas and wanna make sure I've covered everything possible... thanks
People travel with drones every day and no-one at the airport will care as they see them all the time.
The Lipo bags aren't necessary and no-one at the airport or on the plane will know what they are or care.
Go to your airline's website and search for Lithium or Batteries to see what their policy is for carrying them.
It will be like all the rest and say that you cannot have batteries in checked luggage - they must be in carry-on luggage.

People travel with drones every day and no-one at the airport will care as they see them all the time.
The Lipo bags aren't necessary and no-one at the airport or on the plane will know what they are or care.
Go to your airline's website and search for Lithium or Batteries to see what their policy is for carrying them.
It will be like all the rest and say that you cannot have batteries in checked luggage - they must be in carry-on luggage.

thanks mate

I think carrying batteries on the plane is not that big problem. The real problem is when you get there, would you be able to fly where you want to fly?

The other issue would be import duty.. you're allowed up to ¥200,000 of personal stuff. With me, the drone, batteries and Crystal Sky display would exceed that threshold. With a Mavic type drone, no problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik