Bright Sun & obstacle avoidence

Reaction score
Seems every time I put the bird in the air I get a triggered warning (other than wind) from either the front or rear sensors. Seems the bright sun is causing flare or something on the lens/plastic cover which causes it to think an object is close.

Anyone else get this?

Yeah, mine has done some weird stair-stepping dance on flying into a sunrise. When I turned it 180, it flew normally.

Yeah, mine has done some weird stair-stepping dance on flying into a sunrise. When I turned it 180, it flew normally.
Yeah I had mine doing this little dance like one motor was slowing down. I flew it anyway, I got the care refresh, and after I got it set to do an activetrack profile it never misbehaved again.

I had it take off and hover in my apartment today and all 4 motors just spun away, no issues.

The OA is getting confused by the sun especially when the sun is low. Being I fly a lot at sunrise and sunset, I find the best solution is to turn of OA till they get FW that fixes it.

Very annoying to have happen. I even got the loud constant beep for a second or two the other day. Scares the heck out of you when you know your above everything. LOL. But you know since I have got my Polar Pro filters on in last 2-3 weeks I have not gotten this as much I don't think. But still really needs to be addressed in an update. I think we are due for one!!

Can't you keep OA turned on, but just turn off the option where it tries to maneuver around obstacles rather than just stop?

I am pretty certain the filter on the camera will have no effect on OA. I am certain because #1 the camera does not do the OA and #2 I have tried it with the camera straight down and still had the OA problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20