Breach of warranty?

You guy's have any idea if I remove the phantom landing skid and replace them with another one 3d printed if this can play with my warranty?
Replacing landing gear means you will have to do something about your antennas and your compass which are in the landing gear.
If you do something that negatively affects the way they work, it's a safe guess that would affect warranty for any crash that could be blamed on compass/antenna issues.

Reactions: flpholt
Simple work-around would be to keep the old landing gear handy and put them back on if you have to send your Phantom it in for warranty work.

Simple work-around would be to keep the old landing gear handy and put them back on if you have to send your Phantom it in for warranty work.
Which can make it much more difficult for other people to obtain valid warranty service from DJI.

The new set up may indeed lead to a crash. Replacing the original landing gear would than be in an effort to hide this fact. People then wonder why DJI may look to deny valid warranty service when it appears that something else led to the crash.

You guy's have any idea if I remove the phantom landing skid and replace them with another one 3d printed if this can play with my warranty?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Don't sweat it as they don't honor warranties in any event. Most you'll ever get is a 15% discount to purchase a new drone. They outright lie about your flight log to avoid taking responsibility. They are a Chinese company folks.

Don't sweat it as they don't honor warranties in any event. Most you'll ever get is a 15% discount to purchase a new drone. They outright lie about your flight log to avoid taking responsibility. They are a Chinese company folks.

While DJI is often a difficult company to work with, there are plenty of examples on this forum of full replacement units being provided, not just discounts. Each situation is unique, and many crashes are not due to defect, but rather to pilot error.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

While DJI is often a difficult company to work with, there are plenty of examples on this forum of full replacement units being provided, not just discounts. Each situation is unique, and many crashes are not due to defect, but rather to pilot error.

All very true, but why admit a mistake when you can blame someone else? LOL

I've been living in China the past 12 years. I can tell you that NO company here will ever give you a cent for any reason. Once you hand them money,,, it is gone. No money will ever return to you . There is no Chinese law requiring them to honor implied or written warranties. I can tell you this is fact having dealt with numerous companies here.
In short, there is no warranty on your DJI drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20