Brand nNew and ready to rumble.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here, I was referred to by the person I purchased my dj phantom 2 vision from.
I'm using the iPad right now to view the forum so pardon me if I don't read too many forum topics at the moment.
I am waiting for my power cable to my laptop to arrive, and I'll be multitasking and learning on a fly.
I'm going to try and not get anyone mad, I'm sure some questions I might ask have been asked before.

Basically I have two questions.
I ordered a package with extras for my phantom and it comes with some things I am unsure if I will need at all, or if I can just resell it back on eBay.

1 extra DJI Battery Charger ($79.00 Value)
1 Spare Radio ($159 Value)
1 Spare WiFi Extender ($99.00)

Another question would be for reference material for what I am looking for.
Basically I will be upgrading my drone to get maximum range.... Sounds all too familiar and painful, I know. :twisted:
If you have any top notch links with great descriptions of the basics I would appreciate it, I don't expect to be spoon feed, just want something solid to read start me off into my new hobby.

I also got some filters and adapters, anyone have any link to how images compare with filters using the dji phantom2 vision?
1 DJI 46mm Filter Adapter Kit
1 Set of Bowens 46mm Camera Filters

I can't believe this but I noticed there's a pahntom2 vision plus, what luck. For just 100 bucks more I coulda had a better picture from my camera.
Don't answer this if you don't want, I'll read on it next week when I get my charger.
I'm curious about the difference.
I read it's supposed to fly faster and have better stability and better mount for the camera.
Do you guys think the firmware will be the same for the original phantom vision?
(Meaning will stabilization be passed onto older models or will the plus version run on a entirely new firmware?)
If it goes faster I'm guessing it has better motors, I'm wondering if changing motors on your phantom will mess with the calibration the firmware already has stored?
And last but not least, the mount seems to be more stable but is the camera better at all, I keep getting a nudge that the stock camera the regular phantom2 vision comes with is better?

Thanks guys and glad to be part of the community.
Hope I can learn things and pass the knowledge alone. :ugeek:

you may wish to cancel that wifi extender: The Wifi Extender for the Vision 2 Plus is 2 watts vs 1.5 watts for the one you ordered. That .5 watt apparently is good for several hundred additional feet of FPV distance

phantomguy said:
you may wish to cancel that wifi extender: The Wifi Extender for the Vision 2 Plus is 2 watts vs 1.5 watts for the one you ordered. That .5 watt apparently is good for several hundred additional feet of FPV distance

I'm not too worried about the range difference in the plus version, I won't mind spending a few hundred more to make this a true experience.
The question would be, can I use two wifi extenders at the same time on the same remote, or is it pointless?

I don't understand why this person would buy a spare.

GodsCreat0r said:
phantomguy said:

I'm not too worried about the range difference in the plus version, I won't mind spending a few hundred more to make this a true experience.
The question would be, can I use two wifi extenders at the same time on the same remote, or is it pointless?

I don't understand why this person would buy a spare.

I know why I did! I damaged the board on my first one trying to mod it for an external antenna. Be very careful drilling that little hole!

Really though I'd sell the extras and apply it to an extra battery or two--they're pricey.

And no, I don't think it's possible to use two extenders for one craft, and I don't think you'd gain much by doing it either. I AM curious about whether or not the Vision+ extender is compatible with the Vision.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj