Brand new...

Reaction score
I live in the UK I recently bought a phantom 2. Chap I bought it from has a online shop. When the product came Most of the packaging was missing. He asked me if i wanted the additional items fitted which I have purchased iosd 5.8ghz transmitter etc etc, i said yes so he said he would do it for me and test fly it also.

So most of the packaging was missing I knew it had been opened but how do I know that this is not a secondhand product?
Could I possibly register the serial number? Check with software if it's been flown first date?

Can I register the serial number I can't seem to find where I can do this

You can on DJI's website.

You can register it on the DJI site - http://www.dji.com in the top right area you can click on an icon to login or register your product.

What shop did you buy it from? Have you asked where you bought it from about the missing packaging?

You did ask them to fit stuff so they will have obviously opened the box. There is just a box with cardboard inserts in the packaging, what are you missing? Maybe they couldn't fit some of the packaging in once they had fitted the extra stuff you wanted fitting. It's pretty tightly packed as standard.

Just did not seem right so just wondering if there's a more easy way of checking through its software or something...

You cant check by the serial number but you could install the pc software found here - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
You need the windows driver and the phantom 2 assistant software. Get the RC assistant too while you are there (for calibrating the remote).

Once you have the phantom assistant and run it with phantom connected, you can check your battery in the software. It will tell you how many times it has been discharged. Although obviously they could just have put a new battery in it but its a start.
You will also be able to see which firmware it is running. Some things can autoupdate when you connect to the software so maybe disconnect your internet before connecting to assistant if you think you may not want the latest firmware. (read up about firmware updates on here).

Again, where did you get it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj