Brand new Vision with no live view

Reaction score
Hi, the last three days since my Vision finally arrived, I have been trying to obtain live view,
but no success yet.

I know the camera works, because it takes pictures and videos, can see them thru the gallery on my tablet or mobile,
I can modify the settings of the camera too, use the tilt, and even download the gallery, but no live view at all.
My Vision came completely updated from factory (or dealer), already tried reinstalling the camera software using the sd card, re-bind the extender with the camera, start up indoor and outdoor (11 satellites).

First I used my cheap android 4.1 tablet for fpv, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-oG-rlsiDI
then tried my android 4.1.2 Xperia mobile too, read on this forum that some androids have trouble connecting to the extender, and sometimes using an iPhone corrects this, tried with a borrowed iPhone 4s ios 7.0.6 with same result https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CtARLDdCw
have not flied yet until this problem is solved. Any idea? :?:

Help please! Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 Vision and iPhone 5. I have restarted my phone and reset my wifi connection, which solved the issue. Try to restart the Phantom and the wifi extender as well.

mbx005 said:
I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 Vision and iPhone 5. I have restarted my phone and reset my wifi connection, which solved the issue. Try to restart the Phantom and the wifi extender as well.

Thanks for answering so fast! I will try with a borrow iPhone 5 asap, hope this do the trick.
Will let you know.

Thank you so much!

Still open for other suggestions.

The full reset/restart (Phantom, phone) should resolve your issue, so it does not matter what kind of phone you use, it should work with the android as well. The problem is in the wifi connection.

gbshovel said:
did you reset the extender before you tried to bind it?

Sure I did, twice, because first time freezed, second was smooth.

mbx005 said:
The full reset/restart (Phantom, phone) should resolve your issue, so it does not matter what kind of phone you use, it should work with the android as well. The problem is in the wifi connection.

Today did several tries, restarting everything, even upgraded my android tablet rom to the latest version I found (still 4.1), with the same results. On the positive side my tablet is working smoother now and battery lasting longer.

Guess my best shot now, is to look in my area, for an used Nexus 7 (read somewhere here that are fully compatibles), and test it (if the seller allows me to) before I buy it.

Today I did what I said, tested with Nexus 7 that was for sale, and the Vision behaved the same way, no live view at all, did restart all, and didn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bp9ZVfX094

Time to contact the dealer (Koozam) and DJI, if somebody have any other idea on how to fix this, please tell me.

I have had to uninstall and reinstall the DJI app twice due to camera and fliming problems mid flight, so far all OK. Also remember good practise to reformat your sd card before each flight, but that said the phantom can be very fussy which andoids it likes !

I just had a look at your videos which pretty much tells it all, if you haven't already, contact both DJI HK & here in LA using the following addresses, they'll probably want you to ship the whole system to LA for investigation:

DJI HK: [email protected]
DJI LA: [email protected]

Give them a brief description of the problem & most importantly give them the links to your videos. Alternatively you might ask the dealer for a product exchange, especially since its still in pristine condition and hasn't been flown.

You appear to be fully bound & linked from iDevice thru extender to Vision's wifi, album access & playback is working, telemetry is present, gimbal control is working, not sure about being able to access the camera settings as I didn't see you try... eg: camera resolution & frame rate, exposure settings, etc.

When the 2.4GHz link is poor, the first thing to go is the streaming video... first dropping frames, then freezing & resuming, then freezing and not resuming, and finally no pic (black) if you back out & go back into the app. But... You seem to be able to stream video from the camera's microSD w/o a hitch & your wifi sig strength indicator has full bars so your wifi link isn't the problem.

This is a good one. Good luck and please return here to post the results.

iDrone

iDrone said:
I just had a look at your videos which pretty much tells it all, if you haven't already, contact both DJI HK & here in LA using the following addresses, they'll probably want you to ship the whole system to LA for investigation:

DJI HK: [email protected]
DJI LA: [email protected]

Give them a brief description of the problem & most importantly give them the links to your videos. Alternatively you might ask the dealer for a product exchange, especially since its still in pristine condition and hasn't been flown.

You appear to be fully bound & linked from iDevice thru extender to Vision's wifi, album access & playback is working, telemetry is present, gimbal control is working, not sure about being able to access the camera settings as I didn't see you try... eg: camera resolution & frame rate, exposure settings, etc.

When the 2.4GHz link is poor, the first thing to go is the streaming video... first dropping frames, then freezing & resuming, then freezing and not resuming, and finally no pic (black) if you back out & go back into the app. But... You seem to be able to stream video from the camera's microSD w/o a hitch & your wifi sig strength indicator has full bars so your wifi link isn't the problem.

This is a good one. Good luck and please return here to post the results.

iDrone

Thank you for your reply, and taking the time, yes, I can access all the camera settings too, including the format sd command.

The dealer answered first hour today, and we'll see what happens from here, will return for sure to post the results.

Thanks, FedeVision.

"This is a good one. Good luck and please return here to post the results.

iDrone"

Hi, just to give a closure here, returned my Vision to dealer for repair, then changed my mind
when I saw the release of Vision+ and asked for a refund, took a few days but dealer approved a full refund,
I did a lot (tons) of research (from F40 to V+) on which phantom would be better for my purposes and now I'm waiting
for a Phantom 2, that will arrive next week, also a fpv (monitor) kit, already got a generic 2axis gimbal, and a Hero3+.

And that's it, don't know if dealer or DJI found a solution for the live view issue,
if this happens to somebody else, guess would be better to return it for replacement asap.

No Vision for me, but will keep the nickname, see ya! ;)

I've received my P2V+ on friday. After a hour I've realised that I have the same issue what many of owners have : no live view.
( Tested it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Android 4.0.4 rooted )
I've installed the older version of Vision App ( 1.38 ) and the live view works fine - just it doesn't support the camera tilt )

I was so unhappy. I've went home, and - just for fun - I've install the latest Vision App in my TV BOX !! ( it's an Android Box from China,
Android 4.2... ) and surprised, the app working fine !

Hmmm... start to thinking....

Today I went to my office, and I've found an "old" Samsung S ( i9000) phone, what not used. I've upgraded the Android firmware
to 4.2.1 (it's an unofficial firmware - but who care) + I made the root, and then I've installed the latest Vision App.

And it's works !

I have only suggestion : don't give up. I think, it's not based on, what kind of mobile/tablet do you have, it's based on, what kind of
Android version / Android ROM / Root - you have. However in the support page DJI wrote the minimum Android version is 4.0.4 or
higher, my feel - it's not true. You need minimum 4.2 !

I hope it helps to You.

FedeVision said:
gbshovel said:
did you reset the extender before you tried to bind it?

Sure I did, twice, because first time freezed, second was smooth.

If your using 1.08 Revision , try downgrading your android app to 1.0.38
It can be d/l'd here:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html

And make sure your camera is updated to revision 1.19 and retry everything.
Its a known condition with camera revisions before 1.19

Follow the instruction video exactly.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euOoNTqIhU[/youtube]

Good Luck

The Rookie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member