Brand new Phanton and camera/gimbal does not start

Reaction score
Last edited by [email protected] In 2015-3-15 07:57 Editor

Hello

I recently bought Phantom 2 Vision Plus. On my first flights I had a lot of dificulties to make the Phantom work because the camera and gimbal never started, but after some retries (make all the procedure of calibrating, turning off and on everything), it worked.

But now after some days the camera doesn´t turn on, even trying 1 billion times. When it used to work, when the phantom is turned on, the camera is automatically aligned and I´m able to see on Vision App. I already tried binding procedure a thousand times (once it worked, but I think it was a coincidence).

I´m able to try but I can´t see anything on App. I´m using the last firmware (3.0.12)

Any advices?

Thanks

I bet even though you did the binding process, you forgot to click the check mark in the upper right corner of the page which saves your info. The manual should explain this as well as a billion other things that if you read it, it will help you enjoy your overall experience with the vPlus. Feel free to ask your questions. We normally do not charge much for tech support. Just kidding! :lol:

Hello

Yes, I have clicked the tick upper right ;)
And I have the confirmation that the Binding have worked.

But I think gimbal and camera should level up regardless of wifi binding

vzani said:
Hello

I do mine by entering the mac address. Also make sure in your wifi network list that your router is not being saved as a favorite. If it is the app will not let the phantom communicate with the app the way it needs to. Just select the router then select to forget the router.

vzani said:
Hello

You are correct the gimbal should go through its initialization. Check to make sure the plugs are snuggly plugged in on top of the gimbal.

Jeremy

Do I have to dissamble the gimbal to check it? Im unable to see the plugs....

vzani said:
Do I have to dissamble the gimbal to check it? Im unable to see the plugs....

No... they are on the ends of the grey wires running into the gimbal. Sometimes they will pull out of the white plug and you can see a little it of the metal connector exposed. Just make sure everything looks good there. I have seen 2 gimbals killed by updates.

Jeremy James

Try a re-boot of your phone. Im sure the camera is on , you're just not seeing a picture on your device.

Duke007down said:
Try a re-boot of your phone. Im sure the camera is on , you're just not seeing a picture on your device.

Seems the camera is not turning on. I already tried rebooting the phone. When I enter vision app the camera screen is black. Camera is not leveled up when I turn on phantom....

What do you mean when you say "camera is not leveled up?" Does the camera not move at all when the phantom is powered on ?

Duke007down said:
What do you mean when you say "camera is not leveled up?" Does the camera not move at all when the phantom is powered on ?

Thats what he is saying....If its new send it back. Otherwise more info is needed in order to help.

Based on what you have said to this point, I would suggest unplugging each of the 3 gimbal plugs and plugging them in again. I just did this on mine for other reasons. I wanted to inspect to see if any prongs were bent in the connectors so I lowered the gimbal by undoing 3 of the 4 rubber dampeners.

flyNfrank said:
Based on what you have said to this point, I would suggest unplugging each of the 3 gimbal plugs and plugging them in again. I just did this on mine for other reasons. I wanted to inspect to see if any prongs were bent in the connectors so I lowered the gimbal by undoing 3 of the 4 rubber dampeners.

Hello
Is it possible to unplug it without disassembling the gimbal? Does not have much space and seems to be very sensitive.

From the pictures seems they are well connected.

Thanks

Attachments

• connector1.jpg
    connector1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 336
  • connector2.jpg
    connector2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 320
When you turn on the phantom, does the gimbal initialise. It should (dance) move around and then look forward and/or 45 degrees down depending on what firmware.
Also, can you check if there is an led light on the gimbal board - its the size of a pinhole and near the capture button.

If no to both the above then you are getting no power to the gimbal+camera. Send it back.

Mako79 said:
When you turn on the phantom, does the gimbal initialise. It should (dance) move around and then look forward and/or 45 degrees down depending on what firmware.
Also, can you check if there is an led light on the gimbal board - its the size of a pinhole and near the capture button.

If no to both the above then you are getting no power to the gimbal+camera. Send it back.

The gimbal and camera were not dancing and moving. But I just turned it on to check the led and now it works...

Shitty intermitent problem!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic