Brand new Phantom Vision 2+ - Short Circuit Detected

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am getting seriously annoyed to say the least as the drone I received and unpacked on Friday (19/12) doesn't even work at all. I have made a public video (I apologize for my accent :D ) available on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDAmgPPu_1U

Dji is asking me to ship the drone back at my own expense :evil: from Sydney to HK (300 to 400 AUD by DHL). Support doesn't answer the phone. EE Hobbies, Australian official distributor, doesn't pick up the phone. Emails sent to Dji support who acknowledged something was wrong with the drone, and more specifically with the "center board".

The support asked me to contact EE Hobbies, which I did by email and calls. No answer.

No news from Dji today.

The whole thing sounds like a bad joke.

I don't know what to do anymore, except from contacting my lawyer.

No, it's not a "short circuit". When you start the Phantom, if the master controller (processor) detects something wrong, it shuts the battery off. My P2 NV does exactly the same thing if the GoPro is unplugged. you didn't put your location in your profile, but there are likely other Phantom owners in your region who would take a look for you.

Yeah it looks screwed. Doesn't even attempt to start up... No leds or anything switch on.

EE Hobbies are a joke... I called EE hobbies the other day and a lady answered the phone straight away.
There are 2 contact numbers on the website.. 1 of them they never answer and it goes straight to voice mail.. I assume that is the number your trying.

try this one

03 9540 0839

Would be surprised if they help you though, but give that number a call.

Who did you buy it from online ?
I'd threaten to do a credit card / paypal charge back if the place you got it from online doesn't attempt to help you.

I got mine from Metro Hobbies (in box hill) and they would swap it over if it did not work out of the box / first couple of days.

*edit* oh you are in NSW... thought you were in VIC for some reason.. as you've probably gathered EE Hobbies is the Aus distributor... At worst, you should be able to send it to them and they send it back to DJI at no expense to you... But I would be more inclined to do the charge back if no one offers any support. Luckily in Australia us customers have quite a bit of protection/laws regarding this sort of thing.

That cost to ship is total robbery! Sure hope you get this resolved.
The accent sounds just fine.
Keep us advised as to what happens.
Welcome to the forum.

Hey, Thanks for the number, but as you said I doubt they'd do anything.

I bought the drone from the official online store: https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus?position=1

I am currently communicating by email with the support team who is apparently trying to sort out a solution.

Well there's only 2 solutions:
1. Replacement
2. Refund

But it is taking a long time, too bad for the Christmas movie................... :evil:

Just found this from my bank website: Merchandise is defective credit card charge back: http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-bank ... ansaction/

SteveMann said:
No, it's not a "short circuit". When you start the Phantom, if the master controller (processor) detects something wrong, it shuts the battery off. My P2 NV does exactly the same thing if the GoPro is unplugged. you didn't put your location in your profile, but there are likely other Phantom owners in your region who would take a look for you.

I agree that it probably isn't a true short circuit. But, his P2, NV, should work without a gimbal and camera. There must be some internal problem and it shouldn't come with a problem! It is criminal that no one is helping you, in terms of the dealer and DJI.

By the way, I found your accent rather cool! I wish you good luck. Please post and let us know if this gets resolved.

Hi Achille, I'm in Sydney and would be happy to get together and discuss your issues. Send me a PM.

Cheers,
TuT

Things are moving forward with Dji as they agreed to take care of the shipping cost. I'll keep you posted.

I the meantime, Merry Christmas to everyone here as Santa will be over here on the East Coast of Australia in 45 minutes :eek:

TuT said:
Hi Achille, I'm in Sydney and would be happy to get together and discuss your issues. Send me a PM.

Cheers,
TuT

Awesome, thanks for the offer. I'll just organise DHL on Thursday, and by January, the issue will hopefully only be a bad memory. I should get a replacement in return.

However, we might be able to meet eventually if you would like to share some drone flying experiences.

Glad they are going to take care of it for you. I hope they just send you out a replacement instead of trouble shooting yours. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

So DJI has agreed to take care of the shipment, but it wasn't straight forward.

They organise with DHL to have the Phantom picked up from my place and sent me the DHL stickers to put on the parcel.

DHL picked up the parcel on Tuesday.

DHL came back on Wednesday saying the label is not compliant with Australian regulations. I had to fill in more documents and sign more papers.

DHL came back on Friday, this morning, saying the label was still not compliant with Australian regulations. I had to fill in even more documents and sign even more papers. In the meantime the australian customs have kept the commercial invoice. The DHL guy is pessimistic about the parcel being successfully shipped as the custom officials have probable bined the commercial invoice.

I wanted to have a nice drone to make nice videos. Instead, I am banging my head on the wall facing DJI's incompetent people and incompetent actions. They are f...... useless.

I am now asking for a refund.

My advice, BUY from your local shop, NEVER, NEVER buy from DJI online store as they are complete idiots.

Note on Oz warranty here:

EE Hobbies are, for whatever reason, no longer handling DJI warranty repairs.
Oz warranties are now handled by Rise Above : http://www.riseabove.com.au/

If you purchased it from HK though, I'd imagine warranty would be handled by the agent in the selling country, unless DJI themselves want to handle it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.