Brand new Phantom 4Pro + arrived with defective battery & compass

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 Pro + arrived several days ago. I carried it down to a friend's 1800 acre farm to fly it in a safe and wide open area. First thing I noticed was an error message stating "Magnetic Field interference Fly with caution." There was nothing in the middle of this 100 acre field that I have flown my Phantom 3Pro and another quad without seeing any error messages.
So, when I returned home yesterday I went through the entire IMU calibration without any problems, but when I scrolled down to calibrate the compasses, I saw a message stating that one of the compasses was disconnected. DJI shipping me a defective battery was aggravating enough, but after waiting two hours in the Que only to be told by some tech whose English was sorry at best, that I only needed to do was take it outside to calibrate the compass, then he just hung up. I am now in the middle of the DJI hellhole of horrible customer service and after being on hold for over 2 hours! Grrrrr
I am going to go through Amazon as I feel that I am beating my head against a brick wall trying to deal with DJI. Any positive advice will be appreciated. I love my Phantom 3Pro, but I despise the lack of respect DJI shows to its customers.

Last edited:
If you bought it via Amazon then I'd return it immediately and get another one.
Thanks for your advise. While I was waiting for over an hour to get somebody at DJI, I said the hell with them and contacted the seller going through Amazon. Their great customer service as well as paying through PayPal is why I went through them. I should have figured that I would get the same terrible customer and product service I have seen so many negative post, would be no different for me.

Sorry to hear that. My P4P would disconnect from the RC after flying for 8 minutes without moving. Tried everything I could find. Just two clicks and Amazon will return and send you another with the same shipping speed. No worries. My first one was bad. Second one is so sweet.

I can relate. Had mine a Minh and kept getting compass disconnect.
Maybe an isolated incident, but I got a supervisor and I was very happy with results. We had a discussion also on the not so good customer support/tech support. I wonder if anyone from DJI reads these forums? Hopefully they do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues