Brand New Phantom 4 won't rotate?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the phantom world, but I am not new to the drone/UAS world!

I just recently saved up enough to buy a new Phantom 4 and I love it!! Except... it won't rotate to the left!!

I've tried reinstalling the app, checking remote, and settings.. even in Sport, A (mode), and P (mode), it won't rotate.

It'll hesitate sometimes to rotate to the right and also seems to be tilted when flying fast.

Sorry if this has been resolved already on here (I'm sure it has) but I searched and found one result for a Phantom 3.

I uploaded a video to YouTube of the issue.

Thank you for the help!

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the phantom world, but I am not new to the drone/UAS world!

I just recently saved up enough to buy a new Phantom 4 and I love it!! Except... it won't rotate to the left!!

I've tried reinstalling the app, checking remote, and settings.. even in Sport, A (mode), and P (mode), it won't rotate.

It'll hesitate sometimes to rotate to the right and also seems to be tilted when flying fast.

Sorry if this has been resolved already on here (I'm sure it has) but I searched and found one result for a Phantom 3.

I uploaded a video to YouTube of the issue.

Thank you for the help!

HI have you gone through remote stick movement in settings and it spoked to tilt

The obvious thing to check is recalibrating the remote controller.
If that doesn't fix it, there could be something wrong inside and a trip back to the dealer would be the next stop.
Otherwise you'll have to call it Zoolander.

No, I haven't touched any settings to control the aircraft, how do I do this?
1491247210665-490024715.jpg
yes it's in remote control settings:)it has onscreen info to follow

Reactions: RémyHeli
Booziebrooks,

Your statement "haven't touched any settings" is worrying.

There are some important settings you should be familiar with, ideally, and even some recommended ones to think about before launching the craft, if per example you change location.

Also some custom settings can be potentially lost without notice if GO App 4 gets updated, another reason for knowing them.

Just to make sure you are aware as not sure if your reply was just a way to say you didn't change anything that would cause left stick non response issue.

Just let us know if you need any clarification.

Booziebrooks,

Your statement "haven't touched any settings" is worrying.

There are some important settings you should be familiar with, ideally, and even some recommended ones to think about before launching the craft, if per example you change location.

Also some custom settings can be potentially lost without notice if GO App 4 gets updated, another reason for knowing them.

Just to make sure you are aware as not sure if your reply was just a way to say you didn't change anything that would cause left stick non response issue.

Just let us know if you need any clarification.
Yeh I agree my p4 made me do sticks before I could start it,,,,,,check settings rth height etc....

And when I say I didn't mess with any settings, I didn't adjust any, I did go through them.
[emoji1360]
Wow sorry to hear that not work something strange,,,either take back or try another remote if you are able to access one,,,otherwise back to the shop,,,return,,,:( good luck with next one:):)

S
Dang, that's lame!
Well I bought it at Best Buy, (only about 5 days ago) so time to get a replacement!
Sorry not want to sound lame,,hope that a good thing?????I hate saying take it back cause I been there to,,,depressing,,!:confused:,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good thing, glad I don't have to call DJI and ask for a repair with only two flights under its belt! [emoji24]
Yeh that sad ,,I sure they test them before boxing to,,,my first one was new with no batteries and used props with damage,,,,I was back at shop waiting for it to open next day...got sorted but far out....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj