Brand new Phantom 3 lost in river

Reaction score
Tested out my phantom 3 and lost contact with it once I got it up to 40 feet. I tried to return it to home and it would not respond. it flew down the street above 5 houses and landed in a swift river the borders the street. I was running after it the whole time. I could not get it respond to the controller.

I have not been able to recover it.

I want a new one and will get one, what are my options? I bought it online through the DJI website. I have emailed them for help ect....

Is the brand new controller garbage now? And I just got a new battery that was shipped late.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Tested out my phantom 3 and lost contact with it once I got it up to 40 feet. I tried to return it to home and it would not respond. it flew down the street above 5 houses and landed in a swift river the borders the street. I was running after it the whole time. I could not get it respond to the controller.

I want a new one and will get one, what are my options? I bought it online through the DJI website. I have emailed them for help ect....

Is the brand new controller garbage now? And I just got a new battery that was shipped late.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
well I have to send mine in for a vibration in the video I cant seem to make go away. My bet is it will take 4 to 6 weeks so if you want to wait I will give ya a deal when it comes back as I am going to get a new one in the mean time :(

Sorry for your loss,
can you give as much details as possible so maybe we might be able to help you figure out what went wrong? How many flights? How many sats locked? What mode were you flying in and every other detail you can think of?

Reactions: Marlin009
Sorry for your loss,
can you give as much details as possible so maybe we might be able to help you figure out what went wrong? How many flights? How many sats locked? What mode were you flying in and every other detail you can think of?

And did you RTFM? Sorry, had to go there.

Sorry you lost your bird but, as Mal said, we'd need a lot more info to help.

Your controller is not garbage, it will work with another P3.

I tend to steer away from RTFM these days, I try ease the info out in a more politically sensitive manner unless it's completely warranted. But if it's warranted it's full gung ho RTFM ;)

I hear ya. But in this case I was all in on "Tested out my....".
Could be wrong. Doubt it. Not a PC bone in my body. :D

OP, we need to get the log file and video off your phone so we can see what happened. It may help to get support from DJI.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum, and sorry about your loss.

It sounds like your testing didn't go well. What exactly were you testing? Whether the bird would float? Was this your first time?

Reactions: Marlin009
I think the issue that triggers the negative responses is the lack of information. I feel for the OP and entirely possible things did go awry, hopefully we'll find out the details before we scare him away.
The thing is though what I keep expecting to see is 'Had performed a full imu calibration, field compass calibration was successful. Took off and was hovering fine... All of a sudden it switched to atti mode and went totally nuts. Wouldn't respond to controls.
RTH was initiated and confirmed in the app but it just kept drifting.... Log and video uploading'
I.e. The lack of initial details SUGGESTS a lack of awareness of diagnostics and understanding of the craft which probably prompts the less than helpful responses.

That said a crash/loss is also a traumatic event and so it could just as equally be a symptom of a quick emotional post so sometimes patience is required to reveal which is the case.

Reactions: jhayman1090
Did you read the manual when you got it?

I think reading the manual is so two-generations-ago. Too many times I've seen:

"Why should I do research? It's far easier to come here and ask how it's done than it is to take the time to look it up."

It's my not-nearly-humble-enuff opinion that this will never stop unless everyone bands together and refuses to help those who obviously did not, will not or can not bring themselves to read the manual.

Q: How do I calibrate the compass?
A: See the manual on (fill in the blank) page.

Q: Why do I need to calibrate the compass? Doesn't the (fill in the blank) use GPS"
Q: See the question above. Go to the next page in the manual.

Guess when I think hard about it - it's a lost cause! Even before I bought my Phantom, I cruised the internet to find the manual. Downloaded and saved the manual. Printed a copy for the throne room. Read the thing both electronically and physically until the manual was dog-eared. Guess I'm just too nerdy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20