Brand new P4 battery will not stay powered on!

Reaction score
Good evening, new P4 owner here, but I fly with the Inpsire series for work often! Here goes my first post on Phantom Pilots...

I purchased, unboxed, and setup my P4 as the instructions specified, and charged the included battery with the A/C adapter and it went through the usual progress LED blinking cycle until it completed charging. However typically the LED lights would go off when it is completed charging, however this battery the "2nd" LED bar began double blinking.

If I now try to power on the battery (inside the craft or outside of the craft), it appears to power on as usual, but shuts off after 3 seconds. I've been unable to connect to the craft with this battery. However if you just tap the button once it flashes the 4 lights indicating it's fully charged.

I bought an additional P4 battery and it does not do this, but is my included battery a failure?

Any help?

Thanks!

According to the Phantom manual, that means "over current detected". If you have a Phantom battery discharger (like the DJI charging hub), you could try discharging it a bit to see if it'll turn on then. Or, maybe contact DJI support and see what they recommend.

According to the Phantom manual, that means "over current detected". If you have a Phantom battery discharger (like the DJI charging hub), you could try discharging it a bit to see if it'll turn on then. Or, maybe contact DJI support and see what they recommend.
Thanks for the reply! I don't have that hub. Are there any other ways to discharge the battery if it will not even power on?

Are there any other ways to discharge the battery if it will not even power on?
Since you cannot turn it on, you'll need some type of discharger. I'm not even sure that discharging it will fix the issue, but I figured it would be something easy to try before returning it.

Right, and since this is the INCLUDED battery I assume I'd have to return the entire P4 system to Best Buy, or attempt to deal with DJI service directly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj