Brand new P4... battery not charging. Any clues?

A dud already??? This was Christmas gift to wifey. I look a real chump
I've purchased a dead battery before. It happens.

Are you certain it's genuine DJI? And what kind of charger? I've heard of knock-offs not charging on genuine DJI chargers and vice versa. Do your other batteries charge OK on that charger?

I’m using what came in the styrofoam box with the drone. Everything’s marked Djibouti so I assume it’s the right equipment. This is why I shouldn’t buy things on from amazon. We were supposed to have a lesson tomorrow so I guess that’s off...ugh.

If all else fails, contact DJI. Give them the drone and battery serial numbers and they will be able to see that they were never activated. You should be able to get a replacement.

It is not the fault of Amazon. This has happened before, others have had the same problem.

Amazon is fine as long as you bought it from a DJI dealer. You need to contact the dealer. Maybe the battery went into a sleep mode. There is a special way to get it out of sleep mode which I can't remember. Google sleep mode on DJI batteries or on this forum. It shouldn't be hard to get it to pop up.

Nothing. Held button for 1+ minutes... nothing. Put in drone and held button... nothing. Tried both on and off the charger... nothing. I think the battery has never worked. So much for QC. Controller charged up great.

Nothing. Held button for 1+ minutes... nothing. Put in drone and held button... nothing. Tried both on and off the charger... nothing. I think the battery has never worked. So much for QC. Controller charged up great.
As I said, contact DJI and give em the drone and battery serial numbers. They can look them up and be able to see that they were never activated and you should be able to get a replacement.

I agree with what @WV. Rootman said about sleep mode, but it would be best to contact DJI directly, not the dealer.

A dud already??? This was Christmas gift to wifey. I look a real chump
Check out the brass terminals - they should all look the same. I bought a battery recently and one of the terminals looked different from the others. I think it had been bent back somehow or not made properly. Anyway, the company I bought it from replaced it more or less immediately.

Reactions: jeffchicago
I have done the same, bought for Christmas phantom 4 pro plus, tried to charge battery for 5 hours gave up thinking i had a dud. I contacted DJI and the girl told me to charge it overnight. The manual says 1hour 20 minutes. 32 hours later the battery switched off and was fully charged. so I was able to complete activation. It's still showing 3 bars so will try to fly tomorrow morning. 32 hours is a bloody long time to be charging a battery that the manual says 1 hour 20 minutes dji needs to clarify a few things because charging the battery and activating your drone you are really flying by the seat of your pants and for a drone that's nearly $3000 the information is not really good enough and the last thing you want to do is bury it in the turf.

I have done the same, bought for Christmas phantom 4 pro plus, tried to charge battery for 5 hours gave up thinking i had a dud. I contacted DJI and the girl told me to charge it overnight. The manual says 1hour 20 minutes. 32 hours later the battery switched off and was fully charged. so I was able to complete activation. It's still showing 3 bars so will try to fly tomorrow morning. 32 hours is a bloody long time to be charging a battery that the manual says 1 hour 20 minutes dji needs to clarify a few things because charging the battery and activating your drone you are really flying by the seat of your pants and for a drone that's nearly $3000 the information is not really good enough and the last thing you want to do is bury it in the turf.
So true. If something then does go wrong you will get the brunt of it. DJI will say you did something wrong. DJI gets very legalistic and denies any wrongdoing on their part.

I thought I had a dud also, however, after letting it charge overnight, I awaken to a fully charged battery. Happy pilot.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
ThNks everyone for your help. I’ll let you know what happens:)

I bought my phantom at Best Buy and it had a dead battery so they replaced the whole thing. Don’t wait too long and enjoy when you get[emoji106][emoji41]

wemt thru Amazon...they sent me to DJI...now DJI wants me to send them the battery so they can "investigate" re: Warranty. The thing NEVER turned on. It hasn't been activated EVER. C'mon DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4