Brand new P3P Fell out of sky. Why?

Reaction score
My brand new P3P also just fell out of sky from about 50ft.. I'm just going to jump in here cause I'm brand new to this site and could really use some insight into this. This is also my first advanced drone. Unlike other threads I've read, mine was under full control with Std.GPS/P-mode setting showing on my tablet/DJI Go App. My first flight was about 10 minutes, alt. 10 ft max. During this flight it appeared to have glitched. That's the best term I can use as I've been in R/C for 30+ years and for a split second it made an audible electronic noise and violently jerked backwards. I was in forward motion at the time. This happened in a matter of a second then it went back to hover under complete control. Probably should have boxed it right back up and took it back to the store. Hindsight is always 20/20. Second flight <2 min. I was moving about 3ft/ 1M sec it made an audible squawk noise and just fell out of the sky. I also must add that new out of the box it required an IMU calibration,which after finding the online tutorial I performed it and an Auto Gimble Calibration too as it was recommended.I also performed the Compass Calibration too. All successfully. Seems to me New Out Of Box it should have been ready to go. Anyway I'm praying DJI will respond to my e-mail positively as I cannot afford to burn $1,000. The base to the camera gimmble snapped it is the only physical damage noted and busted props. Internally/electronically its any ones guess. It did record the entire flight until ground impact. Any response appreciated. I noticed guys talking about accessing flight log from tablet. How do I do this? I've been watching tutorial after tutorial on my drone and there is just so much to this thing. Other than tutorials, sites like these and YouTube I'd be freaking clueless. Impossible I did a CSC as I was flying using right stick only at the time.

Where did you buy it from? Most dealers offer a 7-14 day return on a DOA type bird that misbehaves like this. Best Buy and Apple should also be willing to exchange. So should DJI, if you bought from them, and even if you didn't. Don't waste time waiting for an email response from DJI. You could age 20 years in the process! Call DJI directly on the phone tomorrow during their business hours, if you can't get an exchange from your dealer/store, or bought directly from DJI.

Reactions: speedy1compton
Thanks. I for the help. I decided to try and take it back to the store. So I did and with the flight video which I had put on my tablet to show them they just gave me a new one. Thanks for suggesting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik