Brand new P3 Standard: props won't spin

Reaction score
I'm band new to Phantoms and have a brand new P3 Standard purchased yesterday in Perth, Australia.
Everything is fine - all the lights are showing correct - but the props won't respond to the Combined Stick Command. All that happens is the gimble moves slightly.
After the importer wasn't sure what the problem is, I got a replacement aircraft and RC just now. Still the same problem.
I don't appear to be in a no fly zone, and I'm a long way from any airport.
I notice a reference in the manual to the aircraft being set to "beginner mode". Are beginners not allowed to fly?
I feel I'm missing something very basic.
Thanks for any help you can give.
SW Capes

That's a strange problem, especially with two P3S's tried. Your supplier hasn't mixed up the controllers has he.? Have you tried to reconnect the controller with the quad. Not sure if the method is the same as my P3P, but the linking method should be in the manual. Worth a try.

If I'm correct, the Standard uses the Go app and I think the Standard still has the option to launch using the app itself. If correct, touch the icon in the app to launch and see what happens.

I suspect you may not be moving both sticks correctly to initiate CSC. You may want to watch a Youtube video to verify.

Thanks Zerone and tcope.
I will try the suggestions. I haven't been able to use the app yet, just manual control.
Meantime, the link appears to be OK, as the separate gimbal control works perfectly.
I've been careful to follow the video and manual instructions for the use of the control sticks. It's interesting that the gimbal is responding (shifting slightly) to the CSC but not the propellers. Are there separate channels of communication from the RC?

You may need to use the Go app to calibrate the remote control. If it's not reading the stick positions correctly, CSC may not be possible.

I'd not recommend you ever fly without the app. The app reports pretty much every error. You could very well have any of a number of errors that prevent the drone from starting and you won't know it.

All sorted!
It required a firmware update through the app. (I don't think the manual is clear that this action is part of the initial set-up of the aircraft, but I'm happy to acknowledge my ignorance on this forum.)
Thanks for the assistance.

All sorted!
It required a firmware update through the app. (I don't think the manual is clear that this action is part of the initial set-up of the aircraft, but I'm happy to acknowledge my ignorance on this forum.)
Thanks for the assistance.
It may or may not be needed at set up. Depends how old the drone is and if there was a firmware release in the meantime. Also, the app tells you this information and the manual explains to fly with the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20