Brand New P3 ADV Gimbal Gyroscope Error

Reaction score
Hello, Newbie here. I just picked up a new P3 Advanced and the gimbal/gyroscope has never activated. I have updated the Firmware to v1.8.80......nothing. Calibrated IMU.......nothing. Auto cal gimbal.......nothing. Unplugged connections to gimbal and reconnected.......nothing. The camera does have a live feed it just points down in the limp position. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Scott

I'm guessing (just guessing) that the problem is in the flex cabling. Look on youtube for a video on how to change the camera. I remember seeing one a while back, that showed the tear down procedure and all the flex connections involved. I would go through this video, and gently make sure that all flex cables are nicely in their sockets. All it takes is for a flex to be every so slightly skewed, and you will have a problem. Good luck and let us know if you fix it!

does the gimbal do the initial move when powered up and then after about 10-15 seconds goes to limb? if so then gimbal cable is bad.
you'll need to get a replacement.

Got it fixed. Returned it to micro center for another one. thanks for the tips. Sometimes it's just and bad part. BTW checked the power up (before leaving the store) and camera fires right up. Charging now will be in the air soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.