Bought my first not original battery - GoolRC 5400 mAh 10C

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my opinion about the aftermarket battery GoolRC 5400 mAh 20C. I received the battery and when I pushed the button on it once to show status of charge it went 3 bars out of 4. I decided to charge it anyway to make sure its safe to fly.

When I began charging the leds started moving on the battery but when they were all lit up the red led on the charger turned green for half a second and then it turned back to red and the leds kept moving on battery showing that its charging. This was constant until the battery was fully charged and all leds on it went off (around 30 minutes).

It scared me a little but the battery and the charger didn't heat up at all :) so I decided to give it a try and fly it.

Now another small issue the battery isn't fitting perfectly in the Phantom so I had to push it quite hard a few times and use some plastic safe vaseline and some contact cleaner on the battery contacts. After a few in and out movements it was similar resistance to regular batteries (which now slide in and out easier due to the fact I've worn out some plastic strips inside ...).

I went outside to a nearby field and used my 9443 props because I didn't want to damage my 9450 set in case of a crash. The flight was perfect (no warning at all) ! I was flying from 100% to 20% (landed at first warning 20%) and the time was 21-22 minutes maybe 2 minutes more compared to my original batteries. I pushed it quite hard in ATTI mode to check if nothing strange happens (red lights sudden power loss etc) but it was perfectly fine.

Went back home to charge it after a few hours and it took around 30 minutes to reach 44% and that also scared be a bit because I think was really close to the edge when I landed. Not sure tho ... isn't the DJI VISION app and the Phantom itself measuring the battery voltage and shows the % remaining according to it ???

Connected it to a computer (with DJI Assistant) and the fun part shows up :) the battery is reporting itself as 6200 mAh battery and I received a warning that battery is completly depleted (140 mAH left) but the voltage was 11.5 ... another question mark here... Also did check for updates (wouldn't do any) for the battery but found nothing. The voltages were a bit off from eachother maybe 0.05 volts apart.

There also were some cheap stickers mounted on top of existing one on the battery with different C rating and texts but I removed them just for fun :)

Overall I need to get maybe 10-20 flights with this battery only to make sure its reliable and I can climb higher and go further ! I was only flight at 1-2 meters altitude and 50 meters distance so in case of a sudden failure I wouldn't damage the aircraft/props/etc.

I repeat myself the flight was 100% fine but I'm still afraid to fly it like my regular original batteries (like going 2-3 km away over lakes and stuff).

Will try to update this thread after I have more flights on this battery !

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my opinion about the aftermarket battery GoolRC 5400 mAh 20C. I received the battery and when I pushed the button on it once to show status of charge it went 3 bars out of 4. I decided to charge it anyway to make sure its safe to fly.

When I began charging the leds started moving on the battery but when they were all lit up the red led on the charger turned green for half a second and then it turned back to red and the leds kept moving on battery showing that its charging. This was constant until the battery was fully charged and all leds on it went off (around 30 minutes).

It scared me a little but the battery and the charger didn't heat up at all :) so I decided to give it a try and fly it.

Now another small issue the battery isn't fitting perfectly in the Phantom so I had to push it quite hard a few times and use some plastic safe vaseline and some contact cleaner on the battery contacts. After a few in and out movements it was similar resistance to regular batteries (which now slide in and out easier due to the fact I've worn out some plastic strips inside ...).

I went outside to a nearby field and used my 9443 props because I didn't want to damage my 9450 set in case of a crash. The flight was perfect (no warning at all) ! I was flying from 100% to 20% (landed at first warning 20%) and the time was 21-22 minutes maybe 2 minutes more compared to my original batteries. I pushed it quite hard in ATTI mode to check if nothing strange happens (red lights sudden power loss etc) but it was perfectly fine.

Went back home to charge it after a few hours and it took around 30 minutes to reach 44% and that also scared be a bit because I think was really close to the edge when I landed. Not sure tho ... isn't the DJI VISION app and the Phantom itself measuring the battery voltage and shows the % remaining according to it ???

Connected it to a computer (with DJI Assistant) and the fun part shows up :) the battery is reporting itself as 6200 mAh battery and I received a warning that battery is completly depleted (140 mAH left) but the voltage was 11.5 ... another question mark here... Also did check for updates (wouldn't do any) for the battery but found nothing. The voltages were a bit off from eachother maybe 0.05 volts apart.

There also were some cheap stickers mounted on top of existing one on the battery with different C rating and texts but I removed them just for fun :)

Overall I need to get maybe 10-20 flights with this battery only to make sure its reliable and I can climb higher and go further ! I was only flight at 1-2 meters altitude and 50 meters distance so in case of a sudden failure I wouldn't damage the aircraft/props/etc.

I repeat myself the flight was 100% fine but I'm still afraid to fly it like my regular original batteries (like going 2-3 km away over lakes and stuff).

Will try to update this thread after I have more flights on this battery !

Instead of all this typing why not post a screenshot of the battery from the P2 assistant like this.
6000mAh Battery #8.jpg

Instead of all this typing why not post a screenshot of the battery from the P2 assistant like this.
View attachment 58827

Because its quite an experience some values from Assistant are pointless and don't show what is it actually about. For example it charges in 2 hours instead of 1 ... when the charge is above 90% the led on charger blinks green then turns back to red etc ... after 5 cycles it drops down from 25% to 0% in few minutes ... etc etc etc

Things like this can't be told with a simple screenshot :)

Reactions: Zuzua
Because its quite an experience some values from Assistant are pointless and don't show what is it actually about. For example it charges in 2 hours instead of 1 ... when the charge is above 90% the led on charger blinks green then turns back to red etc ... after 5 cycles it drops down from 25% to 0% in few minutes ... etc etc etc

Things like this can't be told with a simple screenshot :)

Now that's the biggest load of crap I've heard yet. I've been flying for more than two years and the information supplied the P2 assistant on battery condition is every goog along with FPV info from the mini iOSD on battery performance. Look I have 2 6000 mah aftermarket batteries and 4 OEM batteries and utilize that battery info after charging all my batteries and before each flight and two years have only 1 battery failure.

So if you disagree with me on the benefits of the battery info fine but you will pay for in the end.:(

Now that's the biggest load of crap I've heard yet. I've been flying for more than two years and the information supplied the P2 assistant on battery condition is every goog along with FPV info from the mini iOSD on battery performance. Look I have 2 6000 mah aftermarket batteries and 4 OEM batteries and utilize that battery info after charging all my batteries and before each flight and two years have only 1 battery failure.

So if you disagree with me on the benefits of the battery info fine but you will pay for in the end.:(

I don't disagree at all with the battery info. Its accurate data read from the battery itself. I just said it can't tell a story ! :) This thread is about the "experience" with such a battery not about the data that is read from Assistant.

Also for cheap non original batteries as you can see yourself the Full Capacity never changes ... also the voltage difference is quite big between cells AND can you really trust the % of life left ? :)

I don't disagree at all with the battery info. Its accurate data read from the battery itself. I just said it can't tell a story ! :) This thread is about the "experience" with such a battery not about the data that is read from Assistant.

Also for cheap non original batteries as you can see yourself the Full Capacity never changes ... also the voltage difference is quite big between cells AND can you really trust the % of life left ? :)

Over time the full /current capacity of each battery do chance with the number of charge cycles. Now I do not save screenshots of each battery I own but don't sit there and tell me that those figures don't change at all. You my friend have a lot to learn. Are you afraid that you'll look stupid by posting a screenshot of the results?

Before charging
Barttery #2 before charging.jpg

After charging.
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

If you hadn't noticed that in post #2 that the screenshot was of a 6000 mAh aftermarket battery of which I have 2 that I've been testing.

For me it doesn't change and it reports 6200 and the battery has a sticker for 5400 and I believe its actually 5200. Why are so angry about this topic? I will get a chance to fly soon and after my flight I will check the battery status.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Full capacity is really low for the last screenshots ?! How could they degrade so quickly for you ? For mine with lets say 30-40 cycles original batteries are well above 5000 mah ... Bery poor quality batteries ypu've got ... I don't think my aftermarket one will be better and I'm already sad I didn't buy a new one... You must be getting 10 mins tops with that wear on them ...

Last edited:
Full capacity is really low for the last screenshots ?! How could they degrade so quickly for you ? For mine with lets say 30-40 cycles original batteries are well above 5000 mah ... Bery poor quality batteries ypu've got ... I don't think my aftermarket one will be better and I'm already sad I didn't buy a new one... You must be getting 10 mins tops with that wear on them ...

Less talk and more proof. The battery screenshots I posted were two years old and I do not consider those of poor quality at all.

What marked in red from your statement proves you haven't a glue. Once again your talking and making statements without any solid proof. PROOF IT!!!

How can anyone trust anything you say about aftermarket or OEM batteries without proof.

I just stated my opinion vs aftermarket batteries and also my question regarding the degradation of the batteries from which you've shown screenshots from. Don't worry I will post some screens :) If you consider 40 cycles enough to bring the battery performance to half when fully charged then I have nothing to say but its quite sad since even the aftermarket ones aren't exactly "cheap".

I just stated my opinion vs aftermarket batteries and also my question regarding the degradation of the batteries from which you've shown screenshots from. Don't worry I will post some screens :) If you consider 40 cycles enough to bring the battery performance to half when fully charged then I have nothing to say but its quite sad since even the aftermarket ones aren't exactly "cheap".

Well here in the states there selling 6200 mAh for $68.99 usd, 6000 mAh for $78.99 usd and 5400mAh for 53.99 usd on ebay. All of these prices are from US vendors who buy from China in large volumes. Myself I would never order these batteries directly from China or Hong Kong as the prices are too high and it take all most a month to receive them.

By the there are P2 NV and P2 vision+ owners who are using both 5400 and 6000 mAh batteries and are flying without the problems you are complaining about..

Less talk and more proof. The battery screenshots I posted were two years old and I do not consider those of poor quality at all.

What marked in red from your statement proves you haven't a glue. Once again your talking and making statements without any solid proof. PROOF IT!!!

How can anyone trust anything you say about aftermarket or OEM batteries without proof.

I will upload a few screenshots from my original ones and from the aftermarket one when I get home from work :) but I'm sure they are in way better condition since I regularly check in Assistant. Will edit this post with some screenshots !

Jason, I'm always going to listen to you first, everyone else a distant second, simply because you haven't steered me wrong yet!

I recently bought the 6200 mAh battery that you and others had had suggested off of eBay from the place in San Diego, and while I haven't had time to try it yet, I'm going to try to get out either today or Monday for a complete test. I'll also let you know how it went with screen shots!

Thanks for all you do!

Jason, I'm always going to listen to you first, everyone else a distant second, simply because you haven't steered me wrong yet!

I recently bought the 6200 mAh battery that you and others had had suggested off of eBay from the place in San Diego, and while I haven't had time to try it yet, I'm going to try to get out either today or Monday for a complete test. I'll also let you know how it went with screen shots!

Thanks for all you do!

After charging the battery check the specs in the P2 assistant before you flight and afterwards. Do you have mini iOSD installed? If so keep an eye battery and don't let it go below 10.65 volts.

The 6200 mAh are new on the market I have two 6000 mAh battery flown both 3 times and there's screenshot in the second post on this page.

So far this year haven't had the time to fly just to busy around the house which is what I'm doing today replacing rotted fascia broads and trim for painting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl