Bought crashed P3S camera not working please help if u can..

Reaction score
So this is my first p3s ever , got a good *** deal so i had to buy it. It was crashed but the only thing that seemed to be broken was the mounting bracket for the camera and the grey wires that connect the camera to the body was hanging and unplugged ( lil plastic connector that wires go into that connects it the board broke) . I pushed in all the grey wires back in the plastic connector and super glued the grey wires to the plastic connector (NOT THE BOARD IM NOT THAT DUMB HAHA)....i turn on the phantom and everything powers up but the camera. ALSO the lights stay on Red. I think it needs an update from what i have been reading.. p.s. i ordered new camera bracket and all new wires but for the meantime i want to see if there's anything I can do.

So here are my Questions
1) do you think the connect from the camera to the phantom is still no good?

2) how can i fix it?

3) will the phantom fly without a camera?

4) my App says no connection and wont let me update so what should i do??

Help a brotha out please!.. i wanna fly this bad boy so bad!

I have a ps pro. I fly without the camera sometimes. U can't update without the camera. I would get the camera fixed or find a good used one. Cameras are not the easiest to wrk on. Check the classified section here. I picked up a pro 4K for $300

I have a ps pro. I fly without the camera sometimes. U can't update without the camera. I would get the camera fixed or find a good used one. Cameras are not the easiest to wrk on. Check the classified section here. I picked up a pro 4K for $300

Thxs ted.. sounds like that's what i have to do. Im going to wait until my new wires come in and see if that works if not off to classifieds i go..

Did you connect to the Phantom via wifi?
The order is, 1) power on RC, 2) power on P3S, 3) connect to Phantom wifi on your smartphone/tablet, 4) launch DJI Go app.

Did you connect to the Phantom via wifi?
The order is, 1) power on RC, 2) power on P3S, 3) connect to Phantom wifi on your smartphone/tablet, 4) launch DJI Go app.

The camera never moves no matter which sequence i do it in.. i know it has to be a connection from the camrea to the main board but i have a bad feeling once i replace the grey wires its still not going to work..i dont know if the camrea is dead and should i go buy a replacement cam or should i tey something else? And that's why i wantes to know if the phantom will fly without a camera?

It'll fly without it. It's not necessary. This P3S, the FPV disconnects frequently using the DJI Go app, but not the controls. And even if you lose both visual and control, you can toggled the S2 switch a few times and it'll initiate RTH.

It'll fly without it. It's not necessary. This P3S, the FPV disconnects frequently using the DJI Go app, but not the controls. And even if you lose both visual and control, you can toggled the S2 switch a few times and it'll initiate RTH.
But dont i need the camera to put in the SD card for an update?? Sorry im dumb and new to this P3S .im going to look up FPV . I really think it needs an update i just need to figure out how to get the phantom connected...

But dont i need the camera to put in the SD card for an update?? Sorry im dumb and new to this P3S .im going to look up FPV . I really think it needs an update i just need to figure out how to get the phantom connected...
No. The P3S update is through your phone/tablet (Go app) while connected to the drone via Wi-Fi. The card is only needed if you want to take pictures or videos. What you're referring to is how the Advance and Pro models update their firmware.

You only need an update when you're prompted on the screen, before entering "camera mode" and when the app is onscreen. See below.

untitled.png

Last edited:
No. The P3S update is through your phone/tablet (Go app) while connected to the drone via Wi-Fi. The card is only needed if you want to take pictures or videos. What you're referring to is how the Advance and Pro models update their firmware.

You only need an update when you're prompted on the screen, before entering "camera mode" and when the app is onscreen. See below.

View attachment 38276
This is the issue i am having. I cant connect wth?

Attachments

• 1450821962666.jpg
    1450821962666.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 382
  • 1450821972430.jpg
    1450821972430.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 382
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's telling you right there that you need to connect to: PHANTOM3_05e7f1

Open your Wi-Fi settings on your phone or tablet, and when you see PHANTOM3_05e7f1 in your list of available hotspots, connect to it. Password is: 12341234 (unless the person you bought it from changed it and didn't tell you). You can also change this in the app.

Also, charge your battery. This **** P3S is so finicky that low battery (RC, drone, & phone) can play a factor. Also, try uninstalling the Go app and reinstalling. Again, once you re-install, turn on the RC, then the Drone, then open your Wi-Fi setting and connect to PHANTOM3_05e7f1. Next open the Go App and connect to the P3S (click on Enter Camera View). If this still fails, then I think you're SOL, sorry.

Oh, one more thing, experiment with disabling Google Play services as well. This has been an issue and causes the app to crash for some people.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's telling you right there that you need to connect to: PHANTOM3_05e7f1

Open your Wi-Fi settings on your phone or tablet, and when you see PHANTOM3_05e7f1 in your list of available hotspots, connect to it. Password is: 12341234 (unless the person you bought it from changed it and didn't tell you). You can also change this in the app.
Im connected

Attachments

• 1450822708542.jpg
    1450822708542.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 359

Also, charge your battery. This **** P3S is so finicky that low battery (RC, drone, & phone) can play a factor. Also, try uninstalling the Go app and reinstalling. Again, once you re-install, turn on the RC, then the Drone, then open your Wi-Fi setting and connect to PHANTOM3_05e7f1. Next open the Go App and connect to the P3S (click on Enter Camera View). If this still fails, then I think you're SOL, sorry.

Oh, one more thing, experiment with disabling Google Play services as well. This has been an issue and causes the app to crash for some people.
Lol...k so i got it updated by using an ipad .. it said success but now 2 of the leds are flashing green and the other 2 are solid red.. dont know where to go from here?

Sounds like at minimum you probably need a new camera harness. Don't ever us CA glue near electrical connections... it off gasses and forms a white haze that WILL coat everything its close to. Note in all the CSI type shows they use it to develop fingerprints by heating it in a closed container. It coats *everything*. It'll definitely kill connections though... ask me how I know.

Have you tried checking continuity on that harness btw? That's a good place to start before ordering anything. It's highly possible the CA glue is pooching you here. Just a thought.

Best of luck to ya!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub