Bought 9450 Thrust Boosted...what will I gain or lose?

Reaction score
Want to replace props soon so I bought the new 9450 thrust boosted props for my P2V+. Keeping everything else stock, will I see benefits? Hoping there are pilots out there that have already made this change.

Thanks

i didn't notice any difference

bald1eagle said:
Want to replace props soon so I bought the new 9450 thrust boosted props for my P2V+. Keeping everything else stock, will I see benefits? Hoping there are pilots out there that have already made this change.

Thanks

You could try a 'blind' test.

Have a trusted assistant swap props several times without telling you which is which and see if you notice.

Just sayin'!

msinger said:

So this guy gets 30 secs less time in his tests. I did like the other info about firmness, weigh and pitch. So the next tree I find too close to my bird and takes outs a prop or two, I'll replace the old with the new and just enjoy my shorter flight time.....

Thanks for pointing out the video..

bald1eagle said:
So the next tree I find too close to my bird and takes outs a prop or two, I'll replace the old with the new and just enjoy my shorter flight time.....
Probably a good idea not to mix props. If you are replacing with the 9450 - use four of them.

Best advantage in using these props is with the new 2312 motors and ESC's on a heavy bird. I just got 30 minutes, 30 second flight time on my waterproof Dex quad at 1240g using 2x 3s 4000mah Multistar batteries. Had plenty of power to spare even at the end of the flight. I will be adding a waterproof gimbal and GoPro soon.

Meta4 said:
bald1eagle said:
So the next tree I find too close to my bird and takes outs a prop or two, I'll replace the old with the new and just enjoy my shorter flight time.....
Probably a good idea not to mix props. If you are replacing with the 9450 - use four of them.

Yes sir.....tks......I didn't mention it, but that is a given. :?

:D
I think you should gain a new favorite propeller and lose the old ones.
I immediately noticed a big difference in the noise. Very smooth running propellers!

I just posted this in another thread - it may be helpful here. Keep in mind, this was done while the sun was setting - and temps dropping rapidly. This is on a P2V+:

Just got back from testing the 9443s vs. 9450 props.
Conditions: Wind: 5-15 Ambient temp: 50F and dropping (sun was setting)

3 full batterries, running a combination of race-track patterns, and ATTI fast-runs, as well as some close-in maneuvering when the batts got low.
Temps taken above the ESC vents, immediately on landing.

Flight 1: 9450 props: 52F on all 4 arms
Flight 2: 9443 props: 48F across the board
Flight 3: 9450 props: LF and RF 51F - LR and RR 48F

This was the first time id flown the 9443s and 9450s back to back. There was a markedly better response curve on teh 9450s - especially in turns (high and low speed). Interestingly, I didnt see much diff in vertical speed - but may have been perception.

Of course, the 9450s had a much lower pitch sound, and the difference in rotational speed of the props when performing maneuvers wasnt as great as the 9443s.

So I have a baseline now. Ill do the comparison again in the warm months. For now, relatively equal temps across all escs is what I want - and what I got. The third flight is interesting. I was doing alot of pretty radical turns in tight quarters before I landed it - that might account for the diff between the front arms and rear.

Another note: One of teh ESCs/motors is a replacement, and the bearings seem a bit tighter. Knowing this causes no apparent extra effort from teh ESC is comforting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4