Boscam TS352 Transmitter cooling fan vibrations

Reaction score
I've just noticed on my fpv transmitter (Boscam352 attached to the phantom body behind the gimbal with 3M dual lock tape) as soon as it powers up, the cooling fan on it is vibrating constantly - small vibrations but enough to feel it through the body of the phantom2.. anything to worry about faulty fan etc or that could need adjusting? zero vibrations if i unplug the transmitter and power up the phantom

You can probably replace the fan quite easily. whip the cover off and see if it has a chipped blade, is rubbing somewhere or has play in the bearing.

There is a chance these vibrations will affect the camera, giving slight but noticeable jello, so worth investigating and fixing.

interesting.. i just found a blurb on the boscam 400MW transmitter -

"Features:
FPV 5.8G 400mW AV transmitting module, a wonderful choice for avoiding interference for who using 2.4G radio system
Dimension and weight is similar to 200mw TX, yet the range is extended.
Compare to the 500mw version which with cooling fan installed, the 400mw version is lighter, and consuming less power (longer in-air time).
Also eliminated vibration to video transmitting system caused by cooling fan.
The 400mw version is a well balanced solution among weight, dimension, range, power consumption etc"

maybe time to look into another option for a transmitter..

J__F said:
maybe time to look into another option for a transmitter..

I have basically the same issue as you.. I have a TS352 and while I wouldn't say the TS352 vibrations are seen on video or felt on the Phantom, I can hear the fan running and feel it a little on the actual TS352.
People around here also say the TS352 has quite a large power draw vs performance compared to some other transmitters, and indeed that TS353 is often mentioned as a better alternative.

Here's my point: if you have premium antennas such as the FPVLR badass kit, then you aren't going to suffer much performance drop in your FPV by going down to a 400mW vs a 500mW transmitter.
I'm considering doing that myself but on the other hand if I'm replacing the video transmitter I might just get the ImmersionRC 600mW since that seems to be the most popular 5.8Ghz video tx, and the one with all the pre-made cables such as the plug and play firstpersonview cable.

If you've also got the Boscam RX-LCD5802 receiver it's a 32ch, theoretically it should be able to receive from that IRC transmitter just fine... I'm currently trying to find someone nearby with a IRC to test with.

You guys don't need the fan. There is plenty of air flow on the transmitter. My friends fan has never worked and I took mine off. It just doesn't get that hot for the limited amount of time we fly. Just unsolder the 2 wires and remove he fan. You can always put it back if you want but trust me you don't need it. The heat sink is plenty big enough.

thanks hrosee that might be the best short term solution i will just remove the fan and leave the heatsink

I was thinking the immersionRC 600mW aswell I have the storm " fpv easy combo" from helipal http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... -easy.html which included a monitor with a built in receiver (looks like they just took the back off the monitor and chucked a receiver in there) looking at the freq im just not sure if the receiver would be compatible with the immersion unit ?

finally had some time to get stuck into this - i have removed the cooling fan on the 352 with room to re connect if needed. im still abit hesitant to fly with it as the tx gets very hot to the touch i can feel the heat up through the body of the phantom if i remove the phantom battery - (could this possibly be contributing the common battery issue maybe? heat swelling the cells etc) the only problem i have if i reconnect the fan the vibrations are so bad i can feel them through the props and motors! i just need some friendly advice that the tx will not melt through the body or fry itself if i run it with the fan disconnected or play it safe and switch to the immersion tx and have to upgrade my rx/monitor at the same time? as the boscam monitor/rx combo i have will not work with the immersion unit

All I can say is, the TXs run much cooler when flying. The airflow keeps everything a lot cooler. The SWR (Antenna matching) is one of the most important things, as a high SWR will make the TX work harder and get hotter. Therefore, ensure you have a well made, accurate TX antenna to keep the SWR low.

The risk is yours, but it is probably quite small.

I Have a Problem, after i took off my antenna of the Ts352 it stopped working :/
I have just received it today, bought it via amazon ...
It worked perfectly fine until i took off the antenna und screwed it back on.
Is it possible if it is destroyed if i have not turned off my Phantom 2 and the Transmitter was still powered on while i did it?
Thanks...

Jojo said:
I Have a Problem, after i took off my antenna of the Ts352 it stopped working :/
I have just received it today, bought it via amazon ...
It worked perfectly fine until i took off the antenna und screwed it back on.
Is it possible if it is destroyed if i have not turned off my Phantom 2 and the Transmitter was still powered on while i did it?
Thanks...

yes. if a transmitter gets power and it has no antenna attached, the signal has nowhere to go so it bounces back into the transmitter and fries the internals. not much you can do.. go get a new transmitter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues