Boscam or Fatshark?

Reaction score
Looking to purchase goggles very soon. I'm torn between the two brands. Looks like the Boscam's will work on the same frequency's as my DJI AVL58 and the Fatsharks won't. Am I correct in this assumption?

I wear glasses. Do the Boscam's have diopter slots like the fatsharks (separate purchase from Fatshark for the diopters).

I understand that the Fatshark lenses are plastic and the Bocams are glass. Is this correct?

Does anyone have experience with both brands? Which do you prefer?

I have only used my fatshark Attitudes a few times. I have a big face and my eyes are too far apart for a good fit. While wearing the goggles, I found myself closing one eye just to see it better. They work good though if you got an average sized face so they will fit (unlike me). I'm just going to sell it and get some sort of monitor.

UFOwithaGoPro said:
I have only used my fatshark Attitudes a few times. I have a big face and my eyes are too far apart for a good fit. While wearing the goggles, I found myself closing one eye just to see it better. They work good though if you got an average sized face so they will fit (unlike me). I'm just going to sell it and get some sort of monitor.

I was looking more at the Fatshark Predator V2's. Do you know the difference between the Attitudes and the Predator V2's? What are you going to ask for your Attitudes?

DesertFlyer53 said:
UFOwithaGoPro said:

I was looking more at the Fatshark Predator V2's. Do you know the difference between the Attitudes and the Predator V2's? What are you going to ask for your Attitudes?

I will probably just ask for a firm $200 and that includes the box, and 2 Fatshark batteries (they are not the V2's) and I'm not sure what the difference is.

UFOwithaGoPro said:
I will probably just ask for a firm $200 and that includes the box, and 2 Fatshark batteries (they are not the V2's) and I'm not sure what the difference is.

I have the Black Pearl monitor. Was thinking of a trade but I would prefer the V2 and I have a big face too. Would hate to get these and then find they don't fit me either.

DesertFlyer53 said:
UFOwithaGoPro said:

I have the Black Pearl monitor. Was thinking of a trade but I would prefer the V2 and I have a big face too. Would hate to get these and then find they don't fit me either.

I was thinking about the black pearl, why don't you like it?? BTW, If you have a big face (broad cheek bones and wide eyes like me) I'm not sure any goggles would be a good choice. Frustrating, I was thinking about a DIY set up like this below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja79vmdi0is

UFOwithaGoPro said:
I was thinking about the black pearl, why don't you like it?? BTW, If you have a big face (broad cheek bones and wide eyes like me) I'm not sure any goggles would be a good choice. Frustrating, I was thinking about a DIY set up like this below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja79vmdi0is

I like the Black Pearl monitor just fine. it works great but I found that it's not suited for aggressive FPV flying. You need the immersive quality of goggles for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20