Boscam monitor or?

Reaction score
I havent got my P2 yet still trying to line up everything I need. I want to use it for AP so the FPV part is only used for framing my pictures. I will always be flying LOS so no long FPV flights. I was looking at the Boscam monitor with the reciever and battery all in one. But I see people have interference when they mount it to the controller. Anybody got any ideas which is a good way to go to accomplish what I need. I dont want googles, not that I wont try them sometime down the road.
Thanks

Which Boscam? I just got the LCD5802 and tried it out for the 1st time yesterday. No interference at all. Not even much of a flicker with stock antennas. I too was just framing shots, so didn't take it more that 100M.

I have the boscam and mounted on my radio. No interference except when i got out of LOS and using cloverleaf on Tx. I want to get clovers for the Rx.

Anyone got any recommendations that will allow me extended FPV ranges?

cruiser56 said:
Did you have it mounted on your radio.
Yes mounted on the radio. Since the radio is 2.4 and the fpv is 5.8, why do you think you will get interference? Thats the whole point of using different frequencies right? All radio signals are subject to interference of some type. It depends on what you plan to use FPV for and how far you want to fly. I'm just using it to frame RE photography shots and so it's usually within 100m of me. I bought clover leaf antennas but have not used them yet since the stock ones have been fine so far.

Stock tx. From what I've seen on here most of the people have the monitor mounted on the tx and I haven't heard of any issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 501
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 479
Looks like pretty much the setup I need. What transmitter are you using and do u have zemuse gimbal?

Using Boscam 400mw vtx and yes zenmuse gimbal. RaveCreative mount for the monitor. I installed the iOSD mini inside the shell for less clutter on the bottom.

Attachments

• photo 1-14.JPG
    photo 1-14.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 450
  • photo 2-14.JPG
    photo 2-14.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 405
CJ31, I have the same FPV gear as you and I was wondering how you hooked up your transmitter to your iosd, then to your phantom 2 control board. Is there a pre made cable like the immersion RC/ Fatshark one or did you have to soder the connections?
Thanks, David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbolner said:
CJ31, I have the same FPV gear as you and I was wondering how you hooked up your transmitter to your iosd, then to your phantom 2 control board. Is there a pre made cable like the immersion RC/ Fatshark one or did you have to soder the connections?
I had to solder a few wires, but I think that's the case with any of them. I followed this video...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

I have storm deluxe fpv set up and very disappointed with Rx picture quality, but Tonight I flew without Rx aerials and an instant improvement on clarity, still a little fuzzy when turning , but had tx aerial pointing out the side not down ,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1