Boscam LCD5802 radio problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have exctly the same problems as you can see in this youtube movie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GxUXqQ1aIc[/youtube]

Does anyone know how i can fix this problem? I have the Boscam monitor attached to my remote control. When i put the controller of everything works fine.

Is there anyone with a very smart idea?

Unfortunately it's just a side affect of this monitor. The receivers are very sensitive and prone to 2.4GHz interference from your radio (despite the marketing fluff on hobby sites saying the complete opposite). A few things to try though:

1. Mount the monitor on a tripod and place it NEAR you instead of directly on the radio transmitter. I know, I know...
  2. I can't see your antenna setup but if you're using the stock whip antennas GET RID OF THEM. They are part of the problem. Get a cloverleaf and either a patch or helical. It WILL cut-down on the interference.

Outside of those recommendations, you either just have to live with it (it's really not as noticeable when you're outside in the bright sunlight flying as it is when you're sitting inside) or if you've recently purchased it get a refund and buy a Black Pearl...

Yep that cloverleaf set you have listed are good, I have the same set.

For the patch, I got this antenna: http://www.banggood.com/5_8G-14DBi-High ... 18635.html
It's kind-of big and goofy-looking (it's bigger in real life than it looks in the picture) but at 14db gives you a ton of range and helps eliminate some of that static.

Another thing you're going to need are some SMA to RP-SMA adapters to go on the monitor since it has female SMA antenna connectors. Here they are: http://www.banggood.com/SMA-Male-To-RP- ... 23110.html

I totally know how you feel on this, I've got the same monitor and flipped-out when I first saw the static. Upgrading the antennas helped a lot, and now I just deal with the slight interference. It really doesn't look so harsh when you take it outside though, try it out and see. New antennas will give you SO much more range too, so that's an added benefit at least...

You are great! Thanks a lot!

I ordered the antennas and the adapters.

How far can you fly with the configuration?

Man, that really depends on the terrain around where you're flying and the amount of radio interference in your area, so the range can vary wildly. Ideally, the best place to fly would be in a huge, flat field with no hills or power lines to cause interference.

I live in a major metropolitan area that also happens to be hilly so I've got the WORST of both worlds. Personally, I've been a little past 500 meters before flinching and pulling it back. I've seen the TS-353/5802 combo I'm using go MUCH, MUCH further than I've been willing to go so far (5km in this video! but notice the flat, wide-open terrain), I've just got to learn to trust my equipment...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl